Akaashi Keiji || You Saved Me

WARNING: Mentions depression and suicide! For those who may be triggered by this, please reconsider reading this chapter

This is inspired from a story about a guy who's books were being thrown around and his classmate stood up for him. It turned out that the boy was cleaning out his closet because he was planning on committing suicide later that evening. If you know anyone who has sucicial thoughts, you should try to help them out. Suicide is a very serious problem. We need to prevent it as much as possible.

▸ 

▸ 

▸ 

You, (Full name), were the most popular girl in Fukarodani. Boys fell in love and girls idolized you. But that's not what it was always like. 

Long before, during middle school, you had been an outcast. You were a bit pudgy, but other girls took that as a chance to bring you down and to tell you that you weren't good enough. 

"You're so fat!"
"No wonder you suck at (sport)! It's because you're fat!"
"Go kill yourself! No one will miss you!"

For as long as possible, you tried to hold on, yet there was no one for you. No friends, no support from your parents, no nothing. Depression and suicidal thoughts filled your head and one day, you lost it. 

Standing on the school roof, you stared at the ground. You put one foot on the rail and prepared yourself. Suddenly, the sound of an opening door made you turn your head. 

"Ah... Don't jump!" A male's voice snapped you out of your thoughts. "Please don't jump!"

Not wanting to make a scene or traumatize this kind stranger, you got down and smiled. "I wasn't going to jump. I was just looking." 

The black haired boy gave you a small smile. 'He seems to have bought it.' 

After that incident, you learned the boy's name; Akaashi Keiji. You became friends and became your pillar of support. He always encouraged you to do your best. 

You started working out and becoming more social, and he was with you through all of that. The depression surrounding you faded away and you became a happy teenager. Soon enough, romantic feelings bloomed. 

Collecting all the courage you had, you confessed, only to be shot down. "I'm sorry (First name)-san. I just don't feel about you like that."

Strangers. You became strangers over time, yet he was always secretly watching you from afar. He watched as you became popular, all your relationships and friendships. Secretly, he was in love with you the moment he saw your (hair length) (hair color) locks swaying in the wind. He just didn't want to hold you back from what you were destined for.

Middle school passed by fast and high school began. Coincidentally, you had gone to the Fukarodani with Akaashi. And the same class. 

As you walked into class 2-6 everyone stared at you. All students were drawn to you. I mean who couldn't? Kind, smart, pretty; all of these words could describe you. Every girl came up to you to ask questions. 

"What skin products do you use? Your skin is so perfect! And your hair! It's so soft!"

"You're so skinny! I wish I was that skinny..."

Turning to the girls, you smiled. "I don't use skin products, nor do I do anything special with my hair. It doesn't matter if I am skinny or if I am fat, I will still be me. Same with you. (Girl 1), you are very generous. And you, (Girl 2), you are so good at swimming. Please know that you are beautiful in your own ways, inside and out."

The girls had tears in their eyes as they thanked you and gave you a hug. Akaashi watched the fake smile on your face. He wished he could see your real smile. He had never seen a genuine smile on your face. Not once.

Throughout the year, he kept watch over you, and soon enough, it was your last year in high school. Things remained the same as your first and second year. You had the best marks of your whole grade.

Before you knew it, it was graduation say. Of course, you were valedictorian, therefore, you need =ed to write a speech. And you knew exactly what to say. 

"Please welcome our valedictorian, (Full name). She will now be reading a speech." The audience clapped as you walked to the podium. 

"Thank you. Well, as you know I am (First name). My time at Fukarodai has been pleasant. My friends and teachers have been so great to me, but there's one person I want to thank most. Akaashi Keiji." Akaashi's eyes widened as he heard his name. 

"About 5 years ago, I was overweight and depressed. When I first met him, I was standing on the edge of the roof of my old middle school. He told me 'Don't jump!' After that, he became my best friend and I am forever grateful to him for showing me the fun parts of life. I messed up our friendship, and I'm sorry for that Kei. To be honest, I was clearing out my locker all day and preparing for what I was going to do when Kei interrupted me. I was a minute from jumping to my death. " The crowd of teenagers, parents, and teachers all gasped, tears evident in some of their eyes, "So, Kei, I thank you for being my first friend and it is because of you that I am standing here today. You saved me. Thank you. Congratulations to every graduate!" 

Every single person in the room clapped for you. Akaashi felt tears dripping down his face at the end of your speech. He never knew that you had felt that way. "I have to find her." 

He searched around the large groups of people. Eventually, he spotted your (hair color) hair and ran towards you. People surrounded you, some crying, some smiling, and some laughing. "(First name)," you turned around to see familiar black hair and grey-blue eyes. "Can we talk?" 

You hesitantly nodded and walked with him to an inhabited area. "What's up Kei." You smiled at him. 

"(First name), thank you," he hugged you while continuing, "I want you to know that I love you." 

Your heart speed increased as you hugged him tightly. "I love you too, and thank you." He pulled away and looked you in the eyes. "Thank you for what?"

"Thank you for saving me."