Oikawa Tooru || Love Hurts

requested by @sullivans_ i hope this is what you wanted!!!

why is love so bittersweet?

why do you keep pushing me away?

i've never been shot down wherever i go

but in front of you, i am kneeling

Oikawa was super confused. He could get any girl, anywhere really. But the one girl he knew was too good for his games was (first name). She was intelligent, but not too rigid. She was goofy and funny and so damn perfect but didn't believe that he was serious. 

Like every other day, Oikawa approached (first name), smiling and waving. "(first name)-chan!" 

none of my pick-up lines work on you

you pretend not to know me, pretend i'm not there

you may think that i am a man with no pride

"Huh," he tilted her head, "did you hear something?" (friend's name) laughed and playfully hit (first name)'s shoulder. The female's friends started dragging her down to their class, some smiling and mouthing 'sorry' to Oikawa. 

(best friend) turned to (first name). "(first name)... I think he really likes you. You should give him a chance." The (hair color) haired girl shook her head. "I know that once I give in, he'll end up chasing some other girl. If he's doing this because I'm the only person who's rejected him, he should know when to give up."

it hurts, but i like you

i like you so much girl, what do i do?

i like you but it hurts you don't know my heart

please come to me

Oikawa ran after (first name) in the halls, and (first name) finally fed up, turned around. "Oikawa, please stop following me. I;'m sick of this." And she walked away without waiting for an answer. 

The brunette watched her back and felt his heart clench up. He felt sad and slightly upset, but he was determined. Determined to win (first name). It may have seemed like he was just pining after her body, but he actually liked her. She was different and unique, not like the other girls, who just date him immediately. 

love you you you you you 

woo jju jju jju jju jju

ma boo boo boo boo boo

i want to hug you

oh chu chu chu chu chu

will you be my girlfriend?

love you you you you you 

One day, Oikawa had a perfect idea. He bought a bouquet of (favorite color) roses and took them to (first name)'s desk before class started, so when she walked to her desk to see a dozen roses, her cheeks burned brightly. 

"Oh! (first name) has a secret admirer!" (male classmate) shouted, making everyone laugh. Some girls started asking who she thought it was. "Oh, I have a pretty good idea of who it is," (best friend) laughed. 

As (first name opened her locker, a note fell out. She read it aloud. "Come to the volleyball gym after school." So, after school, she did what the note said and went to the gym. 

"Hello?" The gym was dark and her voice echoed thorughout the large building. Suddenly, the lights turned on and Oikawa started dancing to love songs, making the girl bend over laughing. 

When he was done, she walked closer to him, still laughing. "Oikawa, what was that?" He smiled sheepishly and rubbed his neck. "W-Well... I thought it would make you laugh."

Once she completly stopped laughing, she smiled. "It worked."

He couldn't stop staring at her smile. It was a gift of the heavens and he thought for a moment that she was truly an angel. "I love you. Please go out with me." The female went quite, an almost nonexsistant tint of pink on her cheeks. 

"W-Why are you so quiet!?" She hit him on the head with one hand, the other covering her face. "It's just that you've never said that you love me. You've always said you liked me and that I should go out with you. I mean, I assumed that you were just trying to get into my skirt and after dating me, you'd chase after someone else."

Oikawa smiled gently, touching her cheek. "I can promise you that I won't do that. I actually love you, and this is the first time I've ever felt this way." He held her hand in his. 

"Will you go out with me?"