Futakuchi Kenji || Rain

It's raining outside rn and I'm hella happy

He was like the rain. 

He would come and go, but each time he appeared, he'd comfort her.

The dark room she lay in was illuminated by a dim screen on the side table. Loud noises came out of her phone, waking her from her light sleep. 

(First name) checked her phone, only to see that he was messaging her. The pitter-patter of the rain outside her window dared her to go back to sleep, but now that he was messaging her, she couldn't help but be happy. 

Vibrations came from the device in her hand, slightly startling her. "Oh, he's calling now," she muttered.

When she accepted it, his voice rang through her ears. "(First name)! You picked up!" 

"Yes. Hello, Kenji-kun." His laugh set her heart aflutter, sending her stomach into a frenzy. 

"Well, I just called to tell you that I'm in town and wanted to meet up."

"Oh, sure. That sounds nice," she said, "When did you want to meet up?" 

A nervous laugh escaped his lips. "Well, actually, I'm outside your house." By now, (First name) was jumping to put on a sweater and go outside. 

"I'll come out!" As she ran down the stairs of the empty house, she felt the adrenaline rush through her body. When she opened the door, a soaking wet Kenji greeted her. "Hey!" 

She hugged him, not caring whether she got wet. She did love the rain after all. He hugged her back, his own heart beating fastly in his chest. After their reunion, she invited him in to dry off. 

When he came out of the shower, they sat on the couch and talked. "Do you have anywhere to stay tonight? If you don't feel free to stay here," she offered. 

He agreed, thanking her profusely. "So, what have you been up to (First name)?" The (hair color) haired girl just shrugged. "Nothing much. What about you?" Kenji told her about the many adventures he's had around the country and with volleyball. 

It was 4 in the morning, and they were now getting tired. The girl fell asleep, her head on the boy's shoulder. Draping a blanket around her shoulders, he laid down, adjusting the girl in a comfortable position. 

When (First name) woke up in the morning, it was still raining outside. Getting up, she walked to the dining room. On the table, a note was placed under a plate of (favorite food). You could almost hear Kenji's voice.

"I'll be back for you soon, (First name)"

fun fact : my favorite weather is rain