Yaku Morisuke || Hidden

WARNING: This chapter talks dark themes such as rape, violence, suicide, depression and other things that may be a trigger to some readers. If any of these things may be a trigger, please skip this chapter! 

Life could be cruel. More than it could be nice. 

Life gave you a dead father, a sick mother, and a brother who had used you for his... needs many times. Your school wasn't any better, either. 

You had barely any friends. Only a few very good ones. (Friend #1) and (Friend #2) were amazing, but couldn't exactly be there for you 24/7. (Best friend) was there almost always but she had her own life, you couldn't ask her for everything. The boys of the volleyball team were also a source of friends, you being in the same class as Yaku and Kuro. 

"Morning (First name)!" (Friend #1) tackled you from behind, accidentally hitting a bruise given to you by (Brother's name). Sharply inhaling, you gently pushed her off. When she realized what she had done, she apologized repeatedly.

"It's ok, just be more careful." Smiling, she hugged you, this time carefully. A loud voice was heard screaming from the hallway. "(First name)! (Friend #1)!" (Friend #2) waved her hands, causing you to go see her. 

"Hey, guys! I just wanted to tell you that Kai invited us to go to watch them practice today, so I said yes." 

After classes ended, you walked to the gym. As you reached the doorway, (Friend #2) started squealing. Many panicked voices were heard yelling 'Watch out!' All of a sudden everything went dark. 

"Is she ok?" As your eyes slowly opened, a male's voice could be heard asking a question to someone else. "She should be fine but-- Oh, Miss (First name), you're awake." The school nurse,  helped you prop up, frequently asking if you were alright. 

"(First name), we need to talk about something very serious. First, Yaku, please leave the room." When the male left the room the nurse looked you in the eyes.  "(First name), are you being hurt at home or hurting yourself?" As soon as she finished her sentence, tears flowed out your (eye color) orbs. 

Yaku, who was standing outside the door, heard your small sniffles. (Best friend) walked up to him, putting her back on the cold wall. "So, you heard." 

Nodding, he asked if he could ask a few questions. "Is she actually being hurt?" (Best friend) decided to explain your situation. Even if she didn't know him that well, she thought that he was a trustworthy person.

"When (First name) was 13, her father died. Her mother was and, still is, in the hospital because she has cancer, so she's all alone. She's told me that she's suicidal and depressed. Her brother, (Brother's name), is the only one at home with her. I don't know what he's been doing to her, but I know she comes in with bruises and occasionally a hickey. I've tried to report it, to save her, but she begs me not to because she doesn't want to upset anyone." 

By now, tears were in (Best friend's) eyes and her body was trembling. Yaku couldn't help but be shaken up. Life seemed perfect for him, so when he heard that someone who sat next to him in class had all of this going on in their life, he felt sad. 

The door opened revealing a puffy-eyed (First name). "O-Oh, hey guys. I didn't see you there. Let's go back to the gym." (Best friend) pulled you into a tight hug. Yaku took that as a sign to leave. As he walked down the hallways, he decided that he would become a closer and better friend and that he would try to be more understanding. 

Meanwhile, (Best friend) was still comforting you. "Hey," she looked you in the eyes, "(First name), you can come live with me. My parents love you and are completely ok with it. Please, just let me help you." Tears were falling out of your eyes as your best friend hugged you. 

"Ok... I'll come live with you." Then and there, you decided that keeping everything peaceful is not worth making you or the people who care for you suffer. Keeping your brother happy is not worth depression and suicidal thoughts. 

After that day, (Best friend) and her parents came with you to your home to gather your stuff. (Brother's name) didn't do anything but stay silent up until the moment you pulled out of the driveway. Things got increasingly better for you. 

It had been a month since you first started living with (Best friend) and the people surrounding you noticed that you were happier. (Friend #1) and (Friend #2) convinced you to join the (sport) club with them, and you made new friends there. 

You also became closer with the volleyball team. Yaku and Kuroo, who were your classmates, became especially close. The two boys were always around for you. Although Kuroo was a friend, Yaku seemed more... special. 

One day, you were on your way to the gym when someone grabbed your arm. Turning around, you saw someone you never wanted to see again. "Hello (First name)."

"(Brother's name)..." 

Yaku, who was on his way to practice, saw familiar (hair color) hair. "(First name)--" He stopped talking when he saw that an older looking male, sharing the same (hair color) and (eye color) as you. He was grabbing your arm, much to your dismay. Rushing, he ran to get help.

"You're coming home. I let it slide because (Best friend)'s parents were there, but now they won't even notice that you're gone." As you attempted to yell you help, he pinned you to the wall. 

"Now, you're gonna do me a few favors and come home." Before he could touch you again, a fist came flying at his face. 

"You leave her alone!" Opening one eye, you looked to see Yaku and the volleyball team. (Best friend) pushed through the crowd of males to your side. 

"So," Kuroo started, "you're the one who's been hurting our (First name), huh?" A confrontation had started. Yaku and (Best friend) took you to the nurses office, leaving his friends to do their job. 

When you reached the nurses office, (Best friend) went to the hallway to call her mother. "Are you ok (First name)? Do you need anything?"

Yaku watched as tears spilled out of your eyes. Wrapping you in a hug, he attempted to comfort you. "You know, you are one of the strongest people I've met. You're such an admiarble person. But now, you don't have to keep it in. You don't have to keep everything hidden now that you've got friends." 

As he pulled away, he examined your face. Slowly leaning in, he gently placed lips upon yours. 

"I love you..."

Sorry..... This was kinda shitty.... I tried, but I got a little bored with this one.