Chapter 17

"Come on!" Jordan called out, already wrestling with Wes to keep him under water.

"We're going to go get changed first," I called out.

"You two better stay in the lake while we're changing!" Eli called out warningly as we made our way to the car to grab our bathers.

We quickly changed. I wore dark grey boardshorts and a silvery blue bikini top while Eli changed into a purple bikini set.

Just then we heard footsteps approaching and snapped our heads in its direction. Wes and Jordan strolled into view, dripping wet from the lake.

"What did we say about staying in the lake like good little boys?" Eli crossed her arms over her chest.

Jordan looked momentarily dumbfounded as he looked at Eli before shaking himself back into sense. He pointed at Wes, "His fault."

"Not my fault I'm a guy," Wes protested, obviously checking me out. I frowned at him as he raked his eyes up and down my body before his eyes landed on mine and he smirked. Just damn smirked. I slapped him on his chest, hard.

"You just wanted to feel my chest, admit it," Wes replied back cockily. He threw his arms around me, shaking water from his hair onto me like a shaggy dog.

"Get off," I rolled my eyes and moved away, snatching my arm out of his grasp.

Well, I had to admit his torso did look great. It was well structured and muscled. Not overly muscly, but the type of well-muscled chest that made you want to put your hands all over and wrap yourself around. I shook my head in shock. What the hell was I thinking?!

"Come on!!" Jordan cried out, grabbing Eli's arm and running to the lake.

"I'm actually not much of a swimmer!" Eli protested as we neared the edge of the deck. "Maybe I'll start from the shallow end and catch up with you guys."

"Kitty, are you a good swimmer?" Wes asked, standing behind me as I looked over the deck to see just how deep the centre of the lake was.

"Huh-?" I asked. Before I could finish the sentence, Wes had already pushed me over the deck. I screamed as my body hit the cool surface of the water. Oh god, it was much deeper than I had thought. I didn't even have enough time to fill my lungs with air before I was fully submerged in the water. I coughed, swallowing a bit of water as I tried to kick up to the surface. But I couldn't touch the bottom with my feet! Damn, how deep was this lake?!

"WE-WESLEY BANEEEE!" I screamed, breaking the surface and breathing air heavily.

"MAKE WAYYY!" I saw a shadow jumping over. There was water in my eyes so all I could make out was someone looming over as they jumped.

I scrambled out of the way, more like kicked as furiously as possible. Too late though, Wes hit my legs as he dived, dragging me below water with him.

I think there was way too much lake water in my system now as I choked again. Wes wrapped his arms around me, dragging me to the surface.

"Yo-You're dead," I choked, as my head broke free of the surface.

"You're welcome," he replied. "I did just save you."

He still had his hands on my waist as we both kicked to stay on the surface. Eli and Jordan had gone to the edge of the lake at the shallower end as Jordan taught Eli how to swim properly.

"You almost killed me! Twice!" I screeched, slapping water in his face. His hands let go of my waist as I successfully swam away.

"Oh, you're on!" he called, swimming after me.