Chapter 41 - Part I

Pixie Virus and Falling Three Storeys in Love

There was a knock on my balcony door and I turned to see Wes standing outside. The first thing I noticed was that he was holding one variegated tulip in his hand and a smirk that sent flutters through my heart. The second thing I noticed was that this was the first time I had seen Wes in formal clothing. He wore dark grey dress pants and a vest with a midnight purple dress shirt underneath. He even tried to tame his hair for today. It seemed as though he had ran his hands through his hair repeatedly trying to smooth it backwards. And it worked. Except for a couple of strands at the front of his head that decided they didn't want to conform and just flicked over his eyes. I laughed at the fact that even Wes' hair was in line with his personality. Meanwhile, Wes just stood there looking at me expectantly.

"Um, aren't you going to open the door for me?" he asked through the glass. Oops, I was too busy checking him out. As if reading my mind, he smirked. "Or are you too busy checking me out?"

Rolling my eyes at him, I dropped the book and went to open the balcony door while he was still rambling on, "Because I'm certainly busy checking you out."

"Hi to you too," I smiled up at him once I opened the door and stood in front of him.

"Hi, beautiful," he gifted me with that lopsided smile as he took me in, raking my body with his eyes. "You're certainly looking ravishing tonight."

"Saying that doesn't mean you get to 'ravish' anything tonight," I winked at him.

"It's worth a try," he laughed. He then looked down at the flower he was holding and back up to me. It was streaked with yellow and red. "Er, I got you this."

"It's beautiful," I smiled up at him. "Thank you."

"Did you know that variegated tulips are just ordinary tulips that have been infected with a mosaic virus?" he commented.

"Well, I did say you were a parasite." I commented lightly.

"Does this make you the tulip I'm infecting?" he snaked his arms around me, pulling me against him. Lowering his voice he whispered in a suggestive voice, "The tulip breaking virus infects the flower's bulb, if you know what I mean."

"Yup, moment ruined," I shook my head, as I pulled back from him and took the tulip from his hands. "It's too bad. You were going so well."

"Guess I'll keep trying," he grinned, watching me as I lay the flower on my night stand. "Should we get going?"

"Where are we going exactly?" I asked him.

"Now, now, that'd ruin the surprise," he was rolling back and forth on his heels, clapping his hands in excitement.

"You're kidnapping me and requesting a ransom, aren't you?"

"Damn it, you weren't supposed to know before I tied you up."

"Why does everything you say sound dirty?"

"It's all in the perception of the receiver," he nudged me with a smirk. "But, seriously, come on. Let's go!"

I shook my head at him, a smile still plastered on my face as I pulled on a black cardigan and moved to the door. However, it was blocked by Wes.

"What're you doing?" I raised a quizzical eyebrow at him.

"Midnight dates involve sneaking out," he said, as though it were the most obvious thing in the world. "That's why they're so exciting."

"Why should I sneak out of my own house when it's empty?" I told him slowly.