Chapter 40

Competition and Surprise Visits

"Kitty!" I looked over my locker to see Eli striding over to me. Jordan was walking right behind her and saluted me as a greeting. It was Tuesday, after Trig class.

"Hey, guys!" I closed my locker and turned to look at them.

"Hey yourself, stranger," Jordan replied. "Where've you been? Trig hole?"

"Yup, we've got a test this Friday," I scowled. "I have to beat Wes."

They both laughed at me, the competition was still on despite whatever relationship I had with the guy who always beat me.

Speaking of relationships, I looked at Eli's and Jordan's easy going expressions. There seemed to be no tension now. True to her word on Saturday, Eli went over to Jordan's house on Sunday and spoke to him. Although that was after she was bombarded with all five of Jordan's younger siblings and his parents; Arthur and Jane. They had four other boys and two girls. There was Byron, who has a year younger than Jordan, Payton, who was two years younger. Nick and Rick were the twins who were ten years old and the apparent trouble makers of the house. Then there was Stella, who was five and the youngest was just a baby, little George who was only two years old.

Jordan and Eli went for a walk and talked things through. From what Eli had told me, her and Jordan were still friends but not just friends at the same time. I couldn't make any sense at all of what that had meant. They both recognised the potential of their friendship developing into something more, but they had decided to let that day come on its own- if it ever came at all. They had decided to leave the field open for their relationship to blossom on its own. She seemed happy taking this slow road with Jordan, so that was good enough for me. However, I didn't know how Jordan felt about it. But he was an extremely patient guy, anyway.

"Btw where is Wes?" Jordan and Eli looked around me, expecting Wes to pop up.

I explained Wes had gone off with the persuasion of Kevin to give the football team a motivational talk and talk some tactics on the field. I was actually surprised Wes wasn't completely hated since I assumed Julian and Tyler would have tarnished his name by now. But he still stood strong. It turned out that everyone in the party had thought what Wes had done was heroic and swoon worthy and had gotten even more female admirers. I was pleased with the former but not so much with the latter. The school was divided into two polar opposite sides; those who sighed wistfully with dreamy eyes at Wes' relationship with me and those who outright glared at me, stabbing daggers into my back. Although no one pulled another Bridgette again, thankfully.

But no one loved the story more than Eli and Jordan.

"Kitty said what?!" Jordan had laughed until he was out breath.

"An-And that slap mark is still there," Eli took a deep breath, trying to calm down as I sat at lunch on Monday patiently biting on my sandwich while they laughed.

"Purple today," Jan bit her lips in order not to laugh. She felt guilty in laughing while Bridgette had extra layers of make up in order to hide the bruise- which only managed to anger the bruise more as the colour darkened over the days.

"Told you she was a feisty kitty," Wes had nudged me, smirking. I then face palmed myself at them.

"Don't make me cancel Jordan's birthday party," I had warned them. That sobered them all up completely right away. 

   "Man I cannot believe I missed it by just a few seconds," Kevin whistled after the silence. He had been beating himself up all weekend for going outside just after our dance and not being there to stop the fight before it even started.