Chapter 21

I closed my eyes involuntarily, my heart beating erratically as his face came within inches of mine. He reached out his right hand and brushed my wet hair back, softly tucking it behind my ear. The contact of his warm hand against my face made me jump slightly and I opened my eyes in response.

He was still looking down at me with a certain hungriness to his eyes. And I couldn't break his gaze. His lips pressed against mine. Warm and inviting. And without thinking, I responded, moving my lips against his. The kiss was slow and calm, but it still set off fireworks in every part of my body. I felt alive. So alive for once. It was exhilarating. He broke off after a few seconds and smiled down at me. And I could tell by the way even his eyes lit up that he, too, felt electrifyingly alive in this moment.

I opened my eyes in shock. Before realising what I was doing, I brought out my hand and slapped him across his cheek.

He leaped back in shock, pulling a hand onto his face as his canoe rocked sideways, "What the hell was that for?!"

"I told you I'd slap that smile off your face," I replied, slightly breathless. I smirked up at him.

"Oh, you'll pay," he grinned devilishly, grabbing the hand I had slapped him with and pinning it over my head.

I tried to wriggle free but gave up in vain, looking up at him. He was just smirking down at me. And soon, very soon, I was worried.

"Wes," I said warningly. "Let me go."

"Not until you ask me to kiss you again," he replied back, his jaw set into a determined line.

"Nope," I said. He leaned in closer, his hair brushing against my forehead. His bare chest was brushing against my chest teasingly. And it was torture. Every cell of my body wanted him to kiss me again. To feel those warm lips again.

"Tell me," he said slowly, looking deep into my eyes, "to kiss you."

"Never saying that," I muttered as his forehead brushed against mine, nose skimming my cheeks.

"Are you sure about that?" he huskily chuckled, pressing his lips against my cheek. He slowly kissed my cheek, moving very deliberately and tantalisingly to my ear, leaving trails of soft kisses behind. He bit my ear softly, nibbling on the ear lobe.

I couldn't help it. I let out a moan as he started sucking on the sensitive spot behind my ear lobe. My back slightly arched as I involuntarily moved my hands up, wrapping them around his back. I could feel the muscles in his back stretching as he held himself over me. I wanted to remove that distance between us, to feel him against me. So I pulled him down impatiently and he fell against me, every inch of his body crushed against mine. And it felt good. So damn good. Better than anything. His face was nuzzled against my neck as he kissed and sucked my skin there.

"Wes," I mumbled, softly digging my nails into his back. I couldn't stand it. His warmth was radiating into every part of me, sending electric shocks throughout my whole body. I tried to pull him even tighter against me as pleasure coursed through my veins.

"Say it," he mumbled, his lips brushing against my neck as he spoke, his warm breath tickling me.

"No," I replied stubbornly. However, I could feel my will slowly slipping away.

He kissed down my neck and onto my shoulder. His left arm was placed on the canoe floor, propping himself up and his right hand had left mine, leaving my hand lying there limp from where he had pinned it down. He brought his hand to my side, sliding it over my waist and stomach, gliding spiral shapes across my bare stomach and tickling my hips.