Chapter 19

"HIKING!" someone shouted. I felt something collide on top of me. Or rather a very squishy someone.

"Whaaaaa?" I said, dazedly bolting upright as Eli screamed.

"WE'RE GOING HIKING!!" Wes shouted, pulling my blanket off as I tried to tug it back.

All the noise had been Wes and Jordan shouting. They had jumped and landed on top of Eli and I. Repeatedly.

"It's too earlyyy!" Eli groaned, pulling her blanket higher over her head.

"Wake up!" Jordan called, tugging the blanket from her grip as he leaned over her.

"No!" she shouted, tugging it back. She looked over at me and Wes having a tug-of-war fight.

"Morning people," I rolled my eyes at the boys.

"Morning people should be put down," she nodded in agreement.

"Ouch," Jordan pouted, letting go over the blanket and landing on top of her. "I'm hurt!"

"Get off!" she laughed, kicking at him. I had successfully coerced the blanket from Wes' hands and pulled it over me in triumph, laying my head back down and closing my eyes in relief.

Just then I felt a bucket-load of ice cold water splash all over me, wetting my hair, my face and trickling down my shirt. I shrieked, flinging the now wet blanket off of me. What was wrong with this boy! What he mentally retarded or something?!

"WESLEY BANEE!" I screamed, lunging at him. I collided blindly against him, trying to remove water from my eyes. But instead, I saw a scared-looking Kevin holding a now-empty pot that was free from water.

"Kev-in," I said slowly, feeling very utterly betrayed. I awkwardly disconnected my arms from around his neck.

Wes was doubled up laughing next to Kevin, holding his stomach.

"I-I have st-stitches from laughing," he barely got out. "I-Is that ev-even possible?"

"Kevin!" I complained, flicking water from my cheek.

"It wasn't me!" Kevin protested. "I came past with this and Wes just grabbed it from me, threw it on you and gave it back to me! I didn't know what to do!"

I was feeling very confused, but I knew who the source of my anger always was. So I knew exactly who to blame.

"You are so dead!" I screeched at Wes, kicking him. My foot satisfyingly connected with his stomach, making the breath whoosh from him.

"You asshole!" I shouted.

"Yo-you should ha-have seen your face," he laughed, tears in his eyes. I wasn't sure if it was from laughing too much or getting kicked in the stomach. Or both.

I looked over to see Eli and Jordan just lying down side by side and laughing and making fun of me. Okay, that was mean.

"We claim victory," Wes announced. "Now you two, get up and get dressed. Long day ahead!"

"Oh I'll make sure it is for you," I seethed.

"Okay, okay everyone leave now," Eli pushed all the boys out of the tent.

"Don't forget to wear your bathers," Kev said, ducking out.

I grumbled as I zipped up the tent behind them. I grabbed a towel from our bag and dried my hair off as much as I could while Eli grabbed our bathers. We had hung them up to dry last night and packed them away after we had gotten dressed into warm, dry clothes.