Chapter 7

Maura Pov
"Please, Stop!!" I whimpered as Beth had thrown me to the ground and ripped off my clothes.
I was almost completely nude with only underwear on.
"Get on your hands and knees." Beth grunted at me and I did as told. I heard her put something on. I'm guessing it was a strap on and I trembled at it.
She came over to me and pulled off the last of my clothes and I was shaking so hard as she crawled on top of me and plummeted into my body.
I whimpered in pain. This brought me back to being raped.
I sobbed gently.
"Maura stop crying!" Beth slapped me. She wasn't even drunk so this must be her real self. Violent and insisting on being in control.
She flipped me over on my back and crawled on top of me. I whimpered as her hands pushed down on my breasts and she forcefully kissed me. She saw the scar on my chest.
"Where'd you get that." She growled.
"I was attacked." I whispered. I didn't want her to know the details of my rape.
She grunted and continued to kiss me. When she stopped I curled into a ball and layed there sobbing quietly while she showered. What did I do to deserve this. I remembered all the times that Jane and I had made love. It was always filled with happiness and the love and passion for each other. What me and Beth just did was violent sex. It was torture. Why did I get so mad at Jane? Was it because I cared about Paddy? Was it because she just let me file for divorce without a fight? I don't know but I made a mistake and now it's getting back to me. I looked down at my body my breasts were developing bruises. It was still early in the day and I felt like I was going to throw up. Leah was at Angela's thank goodness and son it was just me and Beth. She would be leaving soon anyway. I layed there in a curled up ball waiting for Beth to finish. I picked up my cell phone.
"Hey Maura what's up?" I heard Korsak.
"I'm not feeling to great could you tell Cavanaugh I'm taking a sick day?" I asked the detective.
"Yes of course. Is everything alright?"
I choked on tears trying not to let him know that I was crying.
"I'm okay. Just not myself I guess. I'll see you tomorrow." We hung up and I heard Beth get out of the shower. How could somebody be so different then when you first meet them. She came out and didn't even say goodbye. When I heard the front door shut, I stood up and wrapped my robe around my body.
I went into the shower and leaned my head agains the side wall. I let the tears stream down my face. I was actually living in hell. I should've broken up with Beth as soon as I knew that Leah didn't like her. I looked down at my body and sobbed some more. I was really black and blue. As I slowly washed my hair, I heard my cell phone ring. I would get it when I finished showering.
I dried myself off and out my robe back on.
I picked up my phone. Hannah had called. I called her back.
"Hey Hannah sorry I missed your call."
"Maura is everything alright?" I froze. She didn't know about Beth abusing me did she?
"Yes sweetie I'm fine. Why?" I felt my skin start to itch. I was lying.
"You didn't show up to work and Korsak told me you were sick." Hannah was worried about me and I felt bad not telling her the truth.
"I'm just not one hundred percent today. I'm just taking it easy."
"Do you want me to watch Leah tonight? Dorthea would like to see her again anyways." Hannah offered.
"Yes that would be great. Thank you Hannah."
"Sure not a problem. Call me if you need anything."
"Ok thanks sweetie, I'll talk to you later." We hung up and I flopped on my bed. I hope having Ellen here would force Beth to stop. Only one week to go.
...
Jane Pov
There was only one week before spring break and Ellen was extremely excited. She missed everyone. She wanted me to come too but I had to work and I honestly didn't want to have to face the woman that made me divorce her.
"Ma can I please start to pack? I need a suitcase..." Ellen looked at me.
"Yes we can start to pack. As long as you have enough clothes for the school week. I have a suitcase in my room you can borrow." We walked into my room and got out the suitcase.
"Will I be sitting alone on the flight?"
"No, they will probably put some random person by you." I responded.
"Ma are you sure that you can't come?"Ellen asked me once more and I sighed.
"Yes sweetie. I can't come. Call me every night though and I will answer. I promise." I kissed her forhead and she nodded.
We continued to pack and put her things in the bag.
"When I get back I'm going to tell you all about it." Ellen layed on her bed as I finished putting clothes in her bag.
"Sounds good sweetie." I responded to me daughter and looked at the time it was about noon.
"What do you want to do? I'm free all day."
"Can we take Jo to the park? There's a trick training class in a little while." Ellen sat up and stretched.
I laughed as I whistled for the little dog.
"Sure why not." We got Jo's leash and took her to the park. Ellen loved animals and wanted everything to do with them.
"How old do you have to be to petsit?"
"I think you can do it now as long as it's local so you could do something like that if its local during the summer."
Ellen seemed pleased as we walked to the park. It was nice to spend time with her. Especially since I always felt like I was always at work. Tomorrow, it would be Monday again though and Ellen would go to school and I would have to go back to work. I sighed but I was enjoying my time with Ellen so I just appreciated the time I had with her.