Chapter 23

Maura Pov
Jane and I left the bathroom to be immediately greeted by Abby.
"Jane, the print came back. Some person named Brian Reese. I ran a backrouund on him. He is the manager at that motel." She led Jane and I back in the lab.
"I recognize that last name...." I spoke up trying to remember why I recognized that name.
"It's familiar to you?" Jane looked at me and then it clicked. Beth's last name is Reese.
"Jane.... Beth's last name is Reese." I felt the anxiety rise in my chest as my lips started to tremble. She came over to me as I sat down. She crouched down and took my hands and looked up to me.
"Maura, we will get him don't worry. And Korsak texted me. Beth is still in custody." She stroked my face as her finger pushed my hair out of my face.
"You okay?" Her eyes searched mine as the thought of Beth hurting me swirled through my mind.
"I don't know Jane. I don't know." My hands were shaking as she continued to hold them in hers.
She stood up and wrapped her arms around me, as I silently sobbed in her arms. I felt Abby leave the room and Jane continued to hold me.
"I love you tootsie." I whispered into her chest.
She kissed the top of my head. "I love you too."
We stood there for a momen when Jane's phone buzzed.
"Special Agent Rizzoli." She answered the phone and her face fell.
"Okay Korsak thanks."
I looked at her.
"Jane..?"
She looked at me.
"Beth was released."
My eyes went wide.
"Oh."
"They had to let her go. She can't hurt you anymore though. Okay?"
Jane kissed me gently again.
"I'm going to bring in Brian Reese. Stay safe." She left the room and left me with Abby.
...
Jane Pov
I left Maura and went to get Brian to bring him in.
I drove over to the motel by myself which probably wasn't a good idea but I didn't care at all.
I entered the front door and the desk was empty.
"Brian Reese?" I reached for my gun so my hand was on my hip when I felt a sudden jolt stab my neck and the world close in dark behind me. When I woke up again, I couldn't tell where I was but it was dark and my weapon was gone. My hands were tied behind my back and my ankles bound together.
Shit.
I heard a door unlock and a figure come up to me and turn a light on.
"Hello Jane." It was Brian and he took my feet and dragged me to another room. I felt my back scrape against the floor which made me flinch when my feet were finally dropped and a light was turned on.
I looked around to see Brian and Beth sitting, watching me.
"Beth." I growled at the brunette as she looked at me and smiled.
"Now wouldn't it be a shame if your daughter got hurt as well." She took out a photo of Ellen that she must've taken when her and Maura were together.
"Don't touch her."
"I won't touch her. As long as you do what I want you to do."
"Which is?" I glared at her.
"Let me have Maura or kill you."