Chapter 11

Ellen Pov
The first day back with Mom and Leah was fun. I was worried about Mom. That black and blue on her face looked painfully purposeful. I didn't like Beth at all. After i called Ma to say goodnight, Leah and I layed down on my bed with a flashlight to light up the room while we talked.
"Do you like Beth,Leah?" I looked at my sister and she shook her head.
"She calls me sweetie. Her and Mommy hang out to much. I saw her slap mommy once." Leah looked at me. Beth had hit mom before.
"Do you know where Mom got the bruise on her face?" I asked my sister.
"Uh uh. She says it was an accident or something I dunno tho." She shifted on her side to face me.
"I don't like her, she gives me a bad feeling." I sighed as Leah agreed and I turned out the flashlight to go to sleep. Leah fell asleep quickly but I layed there awake for a while watching her sleep trying to figure out why Beth would hit Mom. I heard her and mom shuffling in Mom's room nearby.
"Beth please be quiet! The children are asleep!" I heard my mother tell the brunette to be quiet. I slowly slid out of bed and sat against the wall to listen to what they were saying.
"Don't tell me what to do Maura." I heard Beth mutter. Her speech was slurred. Mama had told me that when people talked like that they were usually drunk. I listened some more and heard a bang and a whimper followed afterward. Beth had hit her. I didn't know what to do. Maybe it wasn't what I thought? Should I go out there? I decided not to but my heart broke as I heard my mom obviously struggling to not get hit by Beth. I heard creaking. Maybe the bed? I was a good detective like Mama used to say. It sounded like Mom had been pushed against the floor with a thump. I winced and couldn't bear to hear anymore. I tried not to cry as I crawled back into bed with Leah. I was only 12 but in my opinion, I was extremely mature. Especially since my parents both worked with murder. I knew a lot and I knew what Beth was doing was not okay. I hugged Leah close and she shifted a little but huddled closer to me and woke up a little and was twirling my hair. I needed to call Mama. As soon as I was alone I would. Maybe with Leah. Leah was young but was good at keeping secrets so I could trust her. I slowly went to sleep in hopes that mom was okay.
...
Lol sorry for such a short chapter. Compared to my first few stories this is long but I think I've gotten a lot better. I hope you are enjoying the story so far. I am finally getting to the good part so be ready!!!!!!
xx - twangelsashanista