Chapter 8

Jane Pov
I arrived at work a little late that morning. When I walked in, Tony was at my desk on my phone.
"Dinozzo what the hell?" I grabbed the phone and put it to my ear.
"Hello?" I glared at Tony. He had no right to be at my desk.
"Hi Mama." It was Leah. She was supposed to be in school.
"Hi my little darling, what's wrong?"
"My tummy hurt and Mommy had to work so I went to sissys house. She let me call you."
"Awe I'm sorry to hear that baby. Why does your tummy hurt?" I looked around the room and every one was looking at me. The only ones that knew about Leah were Gibbs and Kate. Ziva, Tony, and Mcgee didn't know and were staring at me suspiciously.
"I dunno mama. I miss you though. Can you come home?" She had such plead in her voice.
"I wish I could munchkin. Ellen is coming up soon though. You will get to see her." I tried not to cry.
"But Mama I want to see you." She whispered.
"You'll see me soon I promise."
"Pinky Promise?"
"Pinky Promise."
"Is your pinky up?" Leah asked me and I did as told.
"Yes."
"Okay now bend it so it bends with mine." Leah made me pinky promise and I was getting weird looks from Tony, Mcgee and Ziva.
"Leah, Mama has to go now. I love you, I'll call you later."
"Okay bye mama, love you."
"Love you too." I hung up and went back to work without saying anything.
"Are you going to tell us what that was about?" Tony crossed his arms. I wish Gibbs would show up. He would tell them to leave me alone.
"Yeah Jane. You have some explaining to do." Mcgee looked at me and Ziva approached my desk.
"Jane. Who were you on the phone with?" She looked betrayed that I didn't tell her.
Kate stayed silent.
"It was my daughter." I flatly said.
"Your daughter is named Ellen. Who was that Jane?!" Tony yelled at me and I heard Abby come up behind me.
"Jane..?" I turned around to see the goth behind me. I sighed.
I stood up and grabbed my jacket.
"I'm going home." I headed to the elevator and everyone watched me leave.
I didn't realize someone was behind me as I got on the elevator. When I turned around, Tony was there.
He stopped the elevator.
"Jane. Who was that?! Why are you being so secretive!?"
I was furious. He had no right to know my business.
"Its none of your fucking business Tony. Let me go home." I glared at him.
"No. You, Jane Rizzoli, are going to tell me what the hell is going on and until you tell me what's hapoening, you ain't leaving." His eyes pierced mine.
"Guess we will be here a while then and you can be the one to explain to Ellen why she didn't get picked up." I crossed my arms.
"You know what Jane? This is absolutely ridiculous. You are being so childish and I know you arent. You are a strong independent woman and for you to be so secretive!? Why Jane? Just tell me." Tony looked at me and I eventually gave in which is really unlike me.
"Leah is my daughter who lives in Boston." I sighed and I continued on with everything. The only thing I left out was that Kate and Maura were identical. He finally let me go home and pick up Ellen.
She still had an hour before she got out so I was home, preparing for what we were having for dinner tonight when I just gave up and decided that we would just go out to eat. I got a phone call and without checking who it was I answered.
"Hello?"
"Mama, I'm in the bathroom again." It was Ellen.
"Ellen what's wrong?"
"Um. I think I got my period and I don't know what to do. I made a mess..." she was on the verge of tears.
"Melony gave me her sweatshirt to wrap around my waist because it showed through."
I sighed. Why did everything happen to her?
"Ellen is Melony in the bathroom with you?"
"Yes."
"Do either of you have like a quarter on you?" I heard shuffling through the phone.
It was a Moment before I heard Melony, "Ellen I have one!"
Ellen spoke in the phone.
"Mel has a quarter. What do we do with a quarter?"
She obviously was confused.
"Look around for a box on the wall somewhere. It would be by the sinks."
I heard more shuffling.
"Okay I found one it says pads and tampons. I'm guessing pads." "I got one Ma. Thanks I'll see you later." We hung up. I laughed momentarily. She went from not knowing what to do to acting completely calm and I was actually okay with that. She was mature enough and a very responsible girl.