Chapter 30

Jane Pov
Maura seemed a bit more comfortable by the end of work and I knew that getting used to new people could be hard for her. We had to go to a new gynecologist tomorrow morning to examine her. She was certainly not looking forward to that. We went home and she still couldn't shower. She would most likely take one in the morning before we left for the doctor. When we got home, Maura went to get something to drink while I put my pajamas on. We got home late and we were both pretty tired. After she finished her juice, she put her pair of pajamas on and we crawled into bed together. She huddled close to me and I wrapped my arms around her body.
"I love you." She looked up at me and I smiled.
"I love you too Maura. When we get up in the morning you can shower."
I kissed the top of her head and fell asleep.
...
Maura Pov
The buckle of the belt continued to lash my body as I did my best to protect myself. There were marks all over my body. I couldn't see who was beating me. I started to scream.
.
"Maura!" I woke up to Jane looking down at me with a concerned look in her eyes.
Our eyes met and I just lost it. I started to cry.
"When will these nightmares stop..." I whimpered as arms were wrapped around me.
"You're okay babydoll. It'll be okay." Jane whispered to me as I gripped her body. She rocked me lightly and held me close until I calmed down. The warmth of her holding me comforted me enough to lay back down with her. Her hands continued to keep me close against her. It was four in the morning and I wasn't sure if either of us was going to go back to sleep.
"Do you want me to make you something to eat or something?" Jane whispered and I nodded.
"Alright, what would you like?"
"I don't care. You make food like Angela so everything is pretty good." I responded with a small smile on my face. Jane stood up and scooped me up off the bed and carried me into the living room where I was set on the couch. I started to laugh in the process and Jane giggled along with me. She found a blanket and put it over me and turned the TV on while she went into the kitchen. I was watching some show while Jane cooked and it was only a few minutes before she came back out with two plates of scrambled eggs. I took mine and kissed her in thanks as she cuddled next to me so we could eat.
"Feeling better?" Jane looked at me and grinned.
"Yeah, thanks." I nodded. We finished our food and put it on the coffee table. I leaned against Jane's shoulder thinking about this past year. If Jane hadn't come when she did I was sure that I was probably going to use razors against my wrists again.
"Jane, I'm really glad you came for me when you did." I looked up at her.
"And why's that baby doll?"
She fiddled with my hair before i answered.
"I probably would've cut myself again with razors if you hadn't." I snuggled against the brunette and she kissed my head.
"I would've come sooner or later." We layed down on the couch and by this time it was about 5am and the appointment wasn't till 11. I was extremely nervous about going. We got to go out to eat in the evening with everyone though which would be a lot of fun so I tried to think of that. I was laying on top of Jane and she was holding me. She was wearing a button down pajama shirt and I started to play with one of the buttons. Jane laughed.
"Do you want it off?" She was still snickering while taking her top off. Instead of going back on the couch, Jane scooped me up and carried me to her bedroom before laying back down again so that I could settle on her chest like usual. She set an alarm on her phone and we fell asleep again.