Chapter 19

Jane Pov
I couldn't bear to see the body any longer. It was obviously done by whomever was after me. I told Ziva I was going back to headquarters and she nodded. As  I got back to NCIS, I walked to the elevator and went back up to the squad room. I couldn't believe  that earlier today I was in Boston and now I'm here, trying not to get killed. The elevator got to the squad room and I got off and Tony immediately saw me.
"Jane You have a visitor. And some explaining to do."
I walked over to the desks and saw Maura in my chair.
"Maura what are you doing here?" I was suprised to see her.
"I'll explain later. But first, why didn't you tell me that you worked with a person that looks just like me?"
I glanced over at Kate who also wanted an answer.
"Can we please worry about this later? Please? I promise I will explain." I wasn't someone to beg but I didn't feel like going through this right now.
Kate looked down and went back to work. She was obviously annoyed at me. I sighed and looked back at Maura and smiled as I gestured her to come to the elevator with me so we could talk. She followed and I could feel Tony's and Kate's eyes on us. We walked in and stopped the elevator.
"Maura why are you here, it isn't safe." I looked at her in the dimness of the light.
"You came back for me. I didn't want you to be alone..." she whispered softly and we sat down against the wall.
"I couldn't let you go...." Maura whispered and I saw a tear roll down her face.
I sat closer towards her and lifted her chin wiped her cheek with my hand. She flinched a little but I didn't mind because she still was expecting to get hit. I kissed her lips and held her hips as she shuffled in front of me so she was in my lap.
She leaned her head against my chest and allowed me to wrap my arms around her as we sat there silently.
"Where are you staying?" She looked at me.
"Here. My boss doesn't want me to leave the building and I am having a team member stay here with me at night as well." I sighed.
"I'll stay with you." She whispered and I weakly smiled and squeezed her gently.
I wondered how the bruises on the rest of her body were doing. The one on her face was still there but slowly fading.
"Maura how are your bruises?" I looked down at her as she fiddled with a belt loop on my pants.
"Bras still hurt and I still have marks from the belt." She sighed.
"Can I see?" I looked at her. There were no cameras in here so it wasn't like everyone would see her. Only I would. She slowly got off me and took off her shirt revealing her body before taking off her bra. You could tell she was hesitant but she did it anyway which proves that she did still trust me. The light was dim but you could see the beaten black skin, especially around her breasts. I winced as I saw her. She looked down at the scar.
"Just one more thing to show I guess. At least bruises don't scar..." she sighed and I wrapped my arms around her bare torso.
"Thanks for coming baby doll." I whispered into her ear. She nodded and I helped her put her shirt back on. We sat there for a while in silence. I knew that I would have to explain to everyone about Maura and Kate, and how I discovered that Hope Martin did have twins and one was named Caitlin. In the mean time, I would just try my best to stay alive and keep the people I care about most safe.