Chapter 16

Jane Pov
"Hannah could we go into your room to talk?" I gestured toward Maura and Hannah nodded.
"Of course, go ahead!" She opened the door and allowed Maura and I inside her house. We went into Hannah's room and I pulled the foot rest over to the bedside to sit on as Maura sat on the bed. I wasn't exactly sure how to start this conversation.
We sat facing each other and just looked at each others faces for a few minutes before Maura spoke up.
"Jane,... I'm sorry. I have no idea why I got so infuriated." She tried to come up with the right words. I spoke up softly.
"It's okay Maura. You obviously cared about him even if you thought you didn't."
She scrunched her brow.
"Trying to move on was hell and so when I met Beth because I had basically walked into her, I thought things were finally turning around. Until she started to beat me." She sighed and covered her face with her hands.I wasn't sure what to say.
"Maur, it doesn't matter how I angry you or I would've been. You should've called. I would've come. No matter what." I took her hands off her face. She nodded and we were talking through our relationship for a while when she suddenly said, "you are still staying tonight, right?" I nodded and she smiled gently.
I took her in my arms and held her for a few minutes. It was nice to hold her without anymore tension. We went back out to the girls, Hannah, and Dorthea.
After eating dinner with everyone, we went back to Maura's house and Leah wanted to do a camp out in the living room so we got a bunch of blankets and pillows and set ourselves up. As it was getting later, everyone fell asleep and I was left awake. I watched my girls sleep and smiled as the were curled up next to eachother. They stayed close even though it was tough the past two years. I rolled over and tried to sleep myself until I heard whimpering and shuffling from the other side of the room. I looked over and saw Maura tossing and turning in her sleep as if she was in a bad dream. I couldn't just leave her there so I stood up and walked over to where she was and layed down next to her. I wrapped my arms around her body so she would feel safe. She flinched at my touch but stopped and layed still. She was still practically asleep but huddled up close to me. I kissed her forehead and she leaned against my chest like she used to do when we were married. I let her sleep and eventually found the sensation of sleep myself. I woke up a few times to make sure she was okay but other than that I slept. She as completely huddled against me and her hands were holding onto my body while my arms were wrapped around her.
...
Maura Pov
I woke up that morning completely against Jane. I had a nightmare last night and I guess that is when Jane came over next to me. I didn't want to leave the position so I shifted closer and lifted my chin up so I coukd see her face. She was still asleep and resting so calmly. I couldn't help myself and leaned up and gently kissed her on the lips. I slowly felt hers moving against mine. She had woken up. Her eyes were open now and she was cautious not to touch my face because of how bruised and horrible it was. When we parted she smiled gently at me and allowed me to snuggle back under her arms. She was so gentle and her touch was so calm and loving. I would've done anything to rip her clothes off so we could make love. My body was to damaged and our children were here so that wouldn't be happening any time soon. I just hoped that we could continue to go through our problems and possibly even get back together as spouses again. I smiled at the thought and Jane noticed and kissed me again. This time it was longer and more involved as our tounges fought for dominance. We tried to stay quiet so we wouldn't wake Leah and Ellen. I guess that didn't work though because I heard Leah shift over to Ellen and wake her up as she whispered, "Ellen, look. Mommy and Mama love eachother again." Jane heard it too and I felt her smile under my lips.
I could sense Ellen watching us as we parted before she closed her eyes and tried to fall back asleep.
...
Sorry for not updating I got distracted lol, I hope this chapter was okay!! -twangelsashanista