Chapter 25

Jane Pov
I had gotten blood everywhere from my hands. I watched Maura sleep for a little while before finally sleeping myself. I looked around in the morning and noticed that the scalpel was still in here. I had to be careful though. Maura had basically no clothes and if I messed up, she would be the one paying the price. She shifted before waking up and looked up at me when she did.
"Tootsie.." her whisper was sad as she held her body close to mine. She was shivering from being cold since she only had a bra and a pair of pants on. I held her close and her temple pressed against my chest as we sat in the dark.
"I'm glad I'm not here alone this time." She said quietly as she squeezed me gently. We heard the door open and looked up briefly.
"Why babe. It's not nice to cheat on me." It was Beth. She came in and ripped Maura off of me and punched her in the face causing Maura to whimper in pain.
She ripped off Maura's clothes and slit her skin with a different scalpel that she had.
"Don't you hurt her!" I stood up and grabbed Beth off of Maura who was now crying and bleeding, completely nude. I slammed her to the ground and heard a door smash open. I looked up and saw Kate and Ziva come in.
"Dinozzo they are in here! Bring Brian Reese back to headquarters." Kate called out to my partner and Ziva came and took Beth out. Kate and I went over to Maura and I held my arms around her body to save her modesty, even though Kate was technically her sister.
"Maura, I have an extra pair of clothes in the car that I keep. I'll go get them, okay?" Kate gently talked to Maura and walked back out to the car.
"Jane, it hurts." Maura was quietly sobbing as she ran her hands along her torse. She was going to have even more scars than she already did. I kissed her forehead and Kate came back.
"I found some paper towels in the car to stop the bleeding." She paused as she handed me some underwear and pants to put on Maura. "Would you like some privacy?"
Maura shook her head.
"No. Thank you for these Kate." I helped Maura put the bottom half of her clothes before using paper towels to control the bleeding.
"Kate can you come here and hold this?" I told her to hold down the towel on Maura's side.
She came by me and did as told while I called the hospital. She was going to need stitches. I was going to call sooner but I wanted her to be calm before I called for someone. I called 911 and they came quickly. They brought a blanket to cover her torso while we exited the house.
"Thank you Kate." I sighed as I watched them bring Maura in the ambulance.
"Jane... Jane!" I heard the weak whisper of Maura from the ambulance.
"I'll talk to you later Kate." She nodded and I went in the ambulance and held my wife's hand. She was going to be my wife again after all.
She looked defeated. Everything always happened to her. At least it wasn't as bad as the rapes. I smiled gently and squeezed her hand.