Chapter 12

Ellen Pov
We had waited for Hannah and Thea to come to Mom's house before going to the mall. I woukd try and call Ma today. When me and Leah woke up this morning, we went out to watch TV and saw Mom in the kitchen making us breakfast. The bruise on her face got worst and I knew it was from last night.
She was pale as well and I could tell she didn't sleep much.
"Mom you okay?" I went over and gave her a kiss goodmorning.
"I don't feel very well. I'm going to go lay down." She went to lay down and Leah looked at me.
"Is mom okay?"
I shook my head.
"I don't think she is. Maybe we should go to the mall another day so that she can get better." I put my hair in a ponytail to eat my food. After I finish eating I was going to call Ma. Leah and I went to get dressed. I heard the front door open and recgonized the footsteps as Beth.
"Maura!"
She called for my mom and as I finished putting clothes on I walked out to face Beth.
"She's asleep. She didn't feel well leave her alone." I didn't care what Beth did to me.
"Oh well lemme check on her."
"Already did."
"I'm going anyway because I'm leaving for the day." She walked past me and I heard her slap Mom awake. I flinched. I had to call Ma and I had to do it now.

Jane Pov
I was pretty lonely by myself without Ellen but I got the chance to clear my thoughts and figure things out. I had called Paddy Doyle SR and was able to talk to him but he wouldn't tell me because I killed his son. He was useless. I decided to try and call Hope.
She was hesitant to give me information regarding Maura's birth.
"Hope are you going to help me!?" I was getting frustrated.
"I did have twins. I don't know where the other one is. Maybe she had died and so Paddy technically didn't lie to me. I only know her name."
This made me happy.
"What was her name?"
"Caitlin."
"You have a daughter named Cailin and you already had one named Caitlin?"
"Yes I know it's unusual but I don't even know if she is alive." Hope continued to talk to me.
"Thank you Hope. I'll call you soon."
"Okay Jane bye bye." We hung up. Kate was short for Caitlin. One clue solved. Now I had to find out if she was adopted. She had to be. I went to work and decided to wait till later to find that out. I had finally told the rest of the team about my past. The only thing they didn't know was that Maura and Kate were most likely twins. I walked and and was greeted. Work was slow so we ended up doing paperwork most of the day.
"Have you talked to Ellen?" Ziva looked at me.
"Yes I have. Her and Maura and Leah seem to be-" I was cut off by my phone ringing.
"Speaking of which, it's Ellen."
I answered the phone.
"Hey baby girl, what's up?"
"Ma you need to come up right now. I can't talk long."
Her voice was frantic.
"Ellen what's wrong are you okay?"
"I'm fine but mom is getting abused."
My eyes went wide. And I could tell that my team was looking at me.
"What do you mean?"
"Mom has a girlfriend named Beth. I have to go now because Hannah and Dorthea are here. Please come. Text me. Bye Ma." We hung up and everything that was bothering me drained as I thought of Maura getting punched around by some woman.
"Jane?" Gibbs looked at me.
"I have to go. I have to catch a red eye. Maura is in deep shit."
My eyes darted around the room.
McGee was typing something and looked at me.
"Next flight to Boston is in an hour." I yelled thanks as I ran out of the building and sped home to pack a few things before i headed up to Boston.