Chapter 26

Maura Pov
"Can we call the girls when this is over?" I looked at Jane as they were stitching up some of the wounds on my body.
"Of course we can." Jane smiled and made sure to keep my focus on our conversation and not what the doctors were doing.
"I want to shower." I mumbled as the last stitch was put in and Jane grinned.
"We can wash your hair and that's it because I'm pretty sure you-" I looked at her and cut her off.
"You have to wait at least 24 hours before getting them wet but studies show 48 is better. I am not waiting 48 hours to shower."
I looked over at the doctor who was caring for me.
"Yes that sounds about right. And no straining yourself which means no lifting heavy things, pulling, sexual activity etc.... if you have any questions just ask." I sighed and nodded in understanding. Jane took out her phone and dialed a number. Presumably Ellen's.
"Hi Ma, is everything okay?" I heard her voice on the line and Jane smiled.
"Yes baby, we are safe now, Mom has some injuries and so do I but otherwise we are okay. Do you want to stay in Boston a little longer while we get everything back in order?"
"Yes oh my gosh yes!" Ellen seemed excited and asked to talk to me. I took the phone.
"Hey Ellen how are you, I miss you and Leah."
"I'm good Mom, are you okay?"
"Just a little scratched up but I'll be fine. Don't worry... I love you."
"I love you too Mom."
I talked a little more with Ellen and Jane and I talked to Leah as well. I was allowed to go home and Jane got some days off to rest because of how exhausted she was. We went to her house which I had never been to before. We walked inside and I followed Jane into the kitchen.
"So this is my house." She showed me around and I smiled. She had a nice place. And it was very comfortable looking.
We got to her bedroom and sat on the mattress. I looked at Jane.
"I should shower." She stood up and I jokingly glared at her. I wanted to shower so bad.
"You can shower tomorrow evening." She kissed my forehead and went into the bathroom. I looked around the room. She had pictures of her and Ellen, Leah, the BPD family, her family and there was the one she took on our wedding day if me looking over the bridge. Next to it was one of our wedding pictures. We were laughing and Jane was kissing my temple. It was a nice photo and I picked it up. Behind the picture frame was a little box. I opened the box and found her wedding band. Under it was a note that Jane had written to me that I guess she hadn't ever given to me. I opened it up and started reading.
My love,
I'm sorry it ended this way, I hope one day we will be able to talk again. I miss you more than anything already and it kills me inside to know that i might never see you again. Take care of Leah. I love her to pieces and we can visit with each of the girls eventually.
Stay safe, I love you.
-Jane
I felt someone behind me and turned around. It was Jane. She was in a robe and hadn't showered yet.
"Jane..."
"I never sent it to you. It collected dust." She sighed.
"I love you." I looked at her and kissed her.
She smiled, "I love you too. I came out to see if you wanted me to wash your hair first before I got in the shower."
I grinned. "Sure." We went in the bathroom and Jane got a chair and put me in it so my hair was in the sink. She turned the water on and let my hair soak. Her robe was coming loose and I could soon start to see the top of her breast. When she finished, I toweled my hair and she followed me into the bedroom again to get another towel from the closet for herself. When she turned around, I was sitting back on the mattress a was staring at her. She came over and we immediately locked lips. The doctor said that I wasn't supposed to have sex but Jane was always gentle with me anyways. I pulled her robe off and she fumbled with my clothes and carefully pulled them off of my body.
...
Jane Pov
I looked at Maura's body as I gently pulled her clothes off. When they were off, we slowly moved further on the mattress. Our lips stayed together as I pinned Maura's shoulders down. When we finally needed to breathe, I seperated from her and hovered over her body. I looked along her torso.
Maura looked at me and smiled nervously.
"You're beautiful." I cupped my hand around her face and smiled lovingly.
She did her best to flip me over but she winced as she did it and I looked cautiously at her.
"Maura be careful."
She grinned as her body came closer to mine so that they were touching, causing me to tense as I felt her skin against mine. Her hands were in my hair and mine were around her waist as our lips moved against eachother. I didn't want to have to go back to the hospital with Maura to explain why her stitches popped out so we couldn't do much, but the little that we did do was enough for her and me anyway. She crawled off of me and curled up carefully next to me. I wrapped my arm around her which led me to gently massaging Maura's tight shoulders until she fell asleep. When she fell asleep, I slowly stopped and held her close to me as she slept. We were both exhausted and eventually the sensation of sleep overwhelmed me as well and so with Maura in my arms, I fell asleep.