Chapter 15

Maura Pov
I quickly dialed Jane's number and hid the phone in the mattress. I hoped it wasn't to muffled.
"Up here Beth!" I called down to her and I heard her feet come stomping upstairs.
"Who was here today??" She sternly looked at me. How was I supposed to answer that?
I felt the sting of her hand come across my face.
"Who was here!?"
"An old friend is all. She was visiting Boston for a little while and stopped by." It wasn't a lie so I was able to say it.
"I don't want you hanging out with other people." She mumbled as she pinned me to the wall. I nodded. I saw her reach for something in her purse and out came a rope. She took me by my arm and pushed me onto the mattress. I was on my back and was so vulnerable as she tied my arms up so I couldn't defend myself. She did the same to my legs. I'm not sure how much more my body can take. Especially my breasts. They were so tender thay they hurt like hell. I watched as she took my clothes off.
"Maura do you love me?" I saw her take a belt and fold it.
"Yes. I love you." I did my best to lie but could tell that she knew that I wasn't being honest.
"You lied." She spun around and started whipping the belt on my torso and my already tender breasts screamed in agony as I was whipped multiple times. I screamed and I felt her fingers inside of me digging into me. I screamed in terror and hoped that Jane could hear. As if my wishes were answered, I heard the front door open and close. Beth heard it too and stood up as she covered me with a blanket.
"Who's here?!" She went out of the door and I heard Jane speak.
"Beth, you are under arrest for abuse and sexual assault of Maura Isles." She pinned Beth to a wall, dug her shoulder into her spine and handcuffed her. I heard another presence come into my home. It was Korsak as I heard his voice reciting her rights. I was shaking as I heard footsteps come into my room. They were Jane's. My torso was still bleeding and throbbing under the blanket.
"It's okay Maura." Jane took out a pocket knife and cut the rope that was bounding my hands and feet. I put my knees to my chest and wrapped my arms around my legs.
Jane found a fresh pair of clothes and layed them on the dresser as she crawled next to me and stroked my face as I cried. I was completely naked and in so much pain. Without thinking I huddled close to Jane, crying dreadfully as she held her arm around me.
"Your okay now Maur, I promise." She kissed the top of my head and continued to hold me. I felt the lashes of the belt over and over and continued to tremble.
"Lets get you dressed, okay?" She looked into my tear stained eyes. I nodded and put on my underwear which was actually painful and she gave me sweatpants and a shirt. I slid them on and stood up. My skin was still throbbing.
Beth was gone though and that's all that mattered.
...
Jane Pov
Poor Maura was going through hell. We still needed to talk about what had happened between us but that could wait. I held her as we walked in my arm as her head was against my shoulder.
"Can we go see the children?" She looked at me and I nodded.
"Of course. Leah hasn't seen me yet. I came straight here." I saw a tiny smile form on her face. It was nice to hold her in my arms again though. We went out to the car. She was still very beat up but we didn't have to hide it anymore. I drove to Hannah's house and when we got there, I saw the girls outside. Leah was the first one to see me.
"Mama!!!" She looked just like me. She darted over to where I was and hugged my legs. I picked her up.
"I missed you!" She snuggled into my hair. Her dark curls blended into mine. I wrapped my arms around her and gave her multiple kisses.
I placed her down and walked over to help Maura out of the car.
"Thank you." She whispered as she gently smiled. Hannah came out and saw me and Maura. She rushed over and hugged us both.
"Hi Hannah how are you sweetie?" I smiled as she answered me and looked over at Maura.
"Ellen explained that she had called Jane because she heard you and Beth. You should've came to me before it got out of hand."
Maura sighed. "I know hannah, I'm sorry..."
She hugged Hannah and I could tell that Maura really wanted to talk to me.
"Mama! You are staying right?" Leah was tugging at me again and I laughed and looked at Maura who gently smiled and nodded.
"Yes I am, at least for a little while Leah." I kissed her head and let her run off to play with Ellen.