Chapter Eleven, Part One

It's time you and I spend our honeymoon....

As she sat in Wellington coach, Lexa felt her heart flutter when she remembered what Edward had said to her. Oh God! She couldn't forget the serious dark look that he had given her when he said that, and the shiver that when down her spine in a cold rush reminded her of her own womanhood. It also reminded her of the man that Edward was.

He was sitting in front of her, his eyes closed in deep sleep. She noticed that he had beautiful long lashes that when closed created half-moon shadows on his cheeks. He looked like he had shaved, for his afternoon shadow was gone. He was breathing steadily and his lips were slightly parted. His soft lips that she had kissed many times before. She was tempted to go over beside him and kiss him. And she wanted to kiss him.

He shifted and sighed as he opened his dark hazel eyes, the flecks of green and blue becoming more profound. Lexa felt her heart hammer as she turned her face to look out the window to watch the moving trees and landscape.

"This seat is bloody uncomfortable," Edward muttered as he yawned and straightened himself up.

Lexa then turned to him and said, "Why are you so tired? Did you not sleep last night?"

Edward snorted, "Not when I have to manage this estate and the other two."

"You don't have to do it alone," Lexa said, without thinking, "You have me now."

Edward fell silent for moment, and then thoughtfully smiled at her, and said, "I do indeed."

Lexa felt herself blush. When he smiled and his eyes sparkled, it made her breathless

"Have you ever been to Scotland?" Lexa asked her husband, stalling herself into a conversation.

Edward looked at his wife and said, "Yes, but I haven't been there for a long time."

"I have," said Lexa, "Every summer at my father's estate until my seventeenth birthday. Then I went to America."

"One day, I'll want to tell me of your tales in America." Edward said.

"It really it isn't interesting,"  Lexa mused, thoughtfully. then she turned to look out the window, and realized that she was unsure of were they where. she knew that they passed London awhile ago.

"Nothing is uninteresting when it comes to you," Edward said, "Especially when everyone knows you, Miss Pierce."

Lexa merely looked at him, and then turned to watch the passing roads. "Where are we?" she asked.

Edward turned to look out the window, and said, "We are in Yorkshire."

Lexa thoughtfully hummed at that then said, as she lowering herself down on the cushion of the carriage seat. She lay down and them muttered, "I'll sleep then. Wake me when we get there, will you?"

Edward nodded, quietly, and then she closed her eyes.

Lexa felt she was afloat when she cracked open her eyes. Drowsily, it took a while to understand that she was being carried. Awake and alert, Lexa gasped as she looked up to see Edward's face. Her heart was pounding as continued to walk towards a white brick manor. Lexa wrapped arms around him, fearing that now that she was awake, he would drop her.

Edward turned his head to face her, and embarrassed, Lexa turned her face and hid it in his shirt. Subconsciously, she inhaled his scent, and asked, "Did you really need to carry me?"

"I couldn't help myself," Edward replied, and she felt his lips brush her hair. He really had no idea what he was doing to her. Her heart was reacting to him. It was a possibility that she could end up falling in love with him. He said something else, but as Lexa lifted her head, blinked, and asked, "What did you say?"