Imagine Me And You

It was ten at night and a few of the police officers were at the station in the break room celebrating Judy's and Nick's one year partnership. They had music playing, food that was almost finished since the party started two hours ago and many police officers enjoying themselves. Judy was talking with a group of a few female police officers.

"You know? With all this work, I feel like I should have a change of pace!" Said Police Officer Juliet Reign. A cougar older than Judy Hopps.

"You should try meditation! That could be something you can add in your lifestyle!" Mina responded. Mina Zeel, a tiger who is best friends with Juliet. The two are different in personality but same when it came to music, books, movies and shopping.

"No. I'm not too big on meditation. Something else!"

"How about the new dancing club called Dusk to Dawn. I heard it's a great place to dance, drink and meet new animals!" Suggested Candice, a white wolf.

"Now you're talking! That's where I should go get out of this same old pace. Especially where you could meet new animals! Is it open today?"

"Yeah! Like the name says, opened Dust to Dawn!"

"Oh yeah! Tonight I shall be nocturnal! You in Judy?"

"Me? Well, I'm not sure," said Judy. "I don't usually go out at this time!"

"C'mon! Join us! You might even get to meet the mate of your dreams!" Juliet said trying to convince her.

"I shouldn't. I really need to get my sleep and prepare for another day of work tomorrow."

"Even if it means meeting someone who could be your future boyfriend?!"

"Juliet, don't push her. She doesn't have to come if she doesn't want to," Mina began saying. "Plus she doesn't need to find a mate she already has Nick."

"What?!" Judy said in surprise. She didn't understood what they meant by 'already has Nick'. "What do you mean by that last part?"

"You know? How you and Nick are always together so obviously you two are seeing each other," said Candice.

"What?! No! We're not close like that. We're only friends and partners!" She exclaimed.

"Then why not join us? Even if you don't find a mate, you can still have fun with us."

Judy thought of their offer. It would be nice to go out once in a while, she thought. She noticed Nick across the room being surrounded by the male officers. He had sunglasses above his head as he kept on smiling and laughing along with the rest of the officers. It would be trouble for him if many did thought we were more than what we are now, she thought as her ears droop down. Her ears slowly went up as she thought of an idea. If I went and did find a mate then it will be less trouble for Nick and no one will think of that way anymore! She thought to herself. Now determined, she decided she had to join the girls! "Okay! I'll go!"

"Great! First I'll drive us to the greatest shopping center then we'll go right to the club! We're going to need something new to wear other than our uniforms!" Said Juliet.

"Isn't most clothing stores close for the night?" Asked Mina.

"Not for Nocturnals and party animals! Let's go! I'll drive us all there!"

Before Judy followed them, she remembered she had to notify Nick or else he'll wait for her since she was holding the keys to their vehicle. "I'll meet you all outside. I got to do something quick first." She hopped over to the group of male officers, she went up to Nick's side. "Hey, Nick!" She whispered.

"Hey, Judy. Is something up?" He asked.
"I'll be going out with some friends, so you can take drive home by yourself," she says as she hands him the keys.

"Oh sure! Have fun, party animal." He told her as he took the keys and put them in his pocket.

"I'll see you later!" She said and left.

She met up with everyone who were waiting for her outside the station then hopped inside the vehicle. They drove all the way to a clothing store that was still open. They went inside and each animal went to look around to pick the perfect dress out for dancing. Judy was a having a bit of a hard time picking the perfect dress. She kept looking and looking but she didn't know which look good on her. She finally decided to settle for a nice blue dress that was a bit slim and yet still loose enough and perfect to go out dancing in. She went to tried it on in the dressing room. She twirled around in it looking at all three mirrors. It looked great on her and decided it was the one she was going to wear. Judy picked up her uniform and went out. As soon as she went to the check out, a bunch squeals from her friends made her jump.

"You look so great in that Judy!" Said Candice.

"She so does!" Said Mina.

"It's perfect on you, Judy!" Said Juliet.

Judy smiled while also blushing from the compliments. "Thanks!"

"I think you need one more thing to complete the look though!" Says Mina. She looks at shelves full of accessories till she spots a blue daisy hair clip and picks it up. She places it on Judy's fur right by her right ear. "Perfect!"

Judy looked at the mirror and agreed. It really did go well on her. She went ahead and got in line with her friends. Once it was her turn, Judy hopped on the counter as the female cougar. cashier scanned the tag on the back of Judy's dress then scanned the tag on her hairpin. After paying for the dress, the cashier gave her a bag so Judy could put in her uniform. All four went outside and into Juliet's vehicle.

They drove to the club called Dusk to Dawn. After finding parking, all four proceeded to the building. They all got whistles and howls from male animals who saw them as they passed by. Judy blushed from the attention and could feel a small joy inside her as she felt real pretty tonight. Once they went insids, they took seats in one booth. They ordered some fruity drinks which confused the waiters on why such pretty animals would order non alcohol drinks. As they were part of the ZPD, they each knew that they had to still be responsible when it came to drinking especially since one of them was going to driving.

Judy felt a bit excited and nervous about all this. It was the first time she went out into a club, wearing a really pretty dress to go dancing at night and trying the idea to pick up a mate. Judy just had to see how this night will end up.