Imagine

For the last hour, Judy and Nick didn't speak to each other. Judy instead listened to her mother how she and the rest of of the family been. She was interrupted when her phone began to ring. It was Gideon Grey calling about the business.

"It's Gideon Grey. I better take this!" Says Bonnie and steps out in the hallway.

After a few seconds of silence of Nick and Judy not looking at each other. Judy decided to break that silence.

"Why would you take a case without me?" Judy asked him with a serious look in her eyes.

Nick looked at her surprised. The two stared at each other for a few seconds.

"It's just investigating."

"But what if during the investigation something bad happens?!" She said worried.

"What could happen? If the case becomes more than I can handle then I'll stop and wait for you!"

"But if it takes too long the case would be given to someone else."

"Then I guess you better get better soon or else we lose this case."

Judy sighed. "I guess your right." She let out a smile which made Nick happy to see.

At the apartments, Everly layed in her bed looking up at her ceiling. She had so much to deal with and so much on her mind that she prayed that thinks will work out soon for the best.

Suddenly her cellphone rang. She looked at the caller ID seeing it was an unknown number. She answered it. "Hello?"

"Hey. Is this Everly Rosebush?" The voice sounded male and older than her.

"This is her. Whose this?"

"Jack. Jack Savage. It's been long hasn't it?"

"How do I know for sure this is really Jack I know."

Jack paused for a few seconds trying to think up a memory. "When you were a third grader you once beat up two fiftth grade weasels who made fun of the few strands of fur on your head. After, you hid under a stairway and I came to get you because I was the only one who knew where you'd be!"

"Jack!" Everly said happily.

"So how's it been?"

"It's been well..."

Jack could tell she didn't sound well. "Everly, you want to meet up? I'm back in Zootopia and moving in my own place in downtown soon."

"Really? Well okay. Want to meet by the park?"

"Sure we could get some coffee like we use to."

At the park, there sat on a bench reading the newspaper, a tall size grey rabbit wearing a black trench coat over a white collar shirt with a green tie and brown vest. His pants were black held up by a black belt. His ears were down as he wore a black fedora on his head.

"Jack?"

The rabbit looked away from his paper and was happy to see a familiar black fur bunny. "Everly! You look as cute as I remembered!"

She smiled and sticked her tongue out playfully. "Hmph! Well I got to match the height!"

"No kidding. You're still too small. Let me guess. You often need to show your ID at some places just to prove you're not a kit wandering out by herself!" He teased her.

"That only happens when I'm nearby bars and clubs! And occasionally roller coaster rides. Other than that I've done great!" She said with a smile as she folded her arms.