Partners In Crime

The first thing in the morning all of the news were talking about was the four new found collar hide outs from last night. They were talking about it so much that a certain secret organization was getting annoyed by it all. In fact this group was watching it in their meeting till their boss turned off the tv.

"James Rosebush!!!" she yelled out.

The rabbit stood up from his seat. "Yes m'am?"

"When are you going to collar that officer fox!!! Didn't you say as soon as possible?!" she said angrily.

"Yes we did. Please forgive us. We'll do it right away!"

"You better or else you will be punished! You and your brothers and sisters!" She said sounding threatening. "I want those stupid ZPD officers and all of the predators of Zootopia to know that we preys are no one to be messed with!"

At the afternoon in City Hall, Mayor Lionheart was telling the city about the location of the new found collar lacation and trying to give calming words to the citizens of Zooptopia.

Jack Savage was there with Officer Hopps and Officer Wilde. Though he wasn't listening to the Mayor's speech. He had other things in mind, like for example, the chase and the founding of the collar locations. There were four motorbike riders who lead the ZPD to those locations and it is to be believed they're the same unknown animals who are the anonymous callers who found the other collar locations the previous months.

But why keep their identities a secret? Jack questioned. There's so many questions in his mind but with no answers.

"Jack, are yoh okay?" asked Nick. "You look tired."

"I just have a lot in mind," confessed Jack. "I'm going to go take a walk. I'll meet you two at the station later."

"Okay. See you later, Jack!" says Nick.

Jack nods his head and begins to leave. He walks passing through the crowds. He stops when a small round rainbow bubble gum rolls to his feet. He picks it up and keeps going. Out of the crowd. Standing by a lamp post. He looks at the bubble gum in his hand smiling at it remembering when he would buy one every once in a while for the black rabbit. It always made him happy to be able to make her smile.

Before he went back walking he stood still when he over heard familar voices.

"Where'd you drop it?" asked Tom.

"I don't know. It probably rolled away somewhere when we were in that crowd listening to the Mayor's speech," said Everly.

"Since we're on our way to lunch you can buy another one," says Coustic.

Jack couldn't believe it. The bear, grey fox, lynx and his black rabbit just passed by him. 

As the group kept walking forward, Jack ran after them. "Everly!" he called out.

The four friends stopped in their tracks. They turned around seeing Jack standing behind them.

There she is, thought Jack. He felt relieved and happy.

Everly looked at him expressionless but inside she was feeling nervous since she left  and never told him where she go.

He walked up to her and stood. The two looked at each other eye to eye.

Fastly, Jack embraced her in a hug. "Where have you been? Don't you know I worry?" He whispered to her.

Everly's heart beated fast just realizing what she's been doing was really dangerous and if Jack were to ever know then her guess would be that he'd be really disappointed. She clenched her paws on the back of his blazer wanting to drown away this fear.

"Hate to interrupt," says Coustic.
"We're heading out to lunch. Want to join us, Jack?"

"I would," said Jack.

Minutes later, the small group was at a restaurant sitting together at a round table.

Even though Jack would have love to hear about Everly's explanation of why she's been away for so long, he had to ask about the collaring for the sake of the case.

"So you three were the few unlucky to be collared years back in Sahara Square?" Jack said looking at the three predators at the table.

The three stopped eating. Except for Tom who was still chewing the food in his mouth. Kevin sat back and crossed his arms looking annoyed. Coustic used a napkin to wipe his lips. "Well guys," Coustic put down the napkin. "This was bound to happen."

Coustic looked at Jack. "What do you like to know?"

Meanwhile back in front of City Hall, someone called out to Nick's and Judy's name. The two turned around happy to see it was their friends Allister and Finnick.

"Hey Allister! Hey Finnick! You two hanging out?" said Nick.

"Actually, I'm helping this kid make sales!" says Finnick pointing his thumb at Allister.

"What happened to Lukas?" asked Judy. "Doesn't he usually help you sell your candy?"

"Lately he's been busy so he hasn't had time to be selling info at the markets," says Allister.

"Didn't know his job kept him so busy."

"It's not his job. It's cause he has a girlfriend and has been spending a lot of time with her."

"Lukas has a girlfriend?!" Nick and Judy said at the same time.

"Yeah. A red fox whose been coming a lot to where he works. She confessed to him one day and since that day they've been together."

"But! But what about Everly?! Didn't he like her?" Judy questioned.

"Yeah he did and I feel like he still does but I guess he just got tired of waiting for her. So he decided to be with someone who he knew liked him."

"I see," Judy found this a bit confusing. If someone loved someone wouldn't they wait for them no matter how long it takes? She thought. She glanced at Nick with a worried look.

"Well, Hopps and I got to get to work. A lot of information about the new collar locations have thrown at us so we better get started," says Nick.

"See ya later guys!" said Allister.

Nick and Judy went into the ZPD Station. They got to work in Nick's small office looking at the paperwork together. They worked for hours and noting down anything that could be of importance.

Even though it will take them forever to find what they're looking for, surely it be worth it as long they know they can make Zootopia safe.