So Happy Together

Nick woke up from the smell of pancakes. He left his room and went to the kitchen. He found Judy making pancakes on the stove while Finnick, Lukas and Everly were sitting on the couch as they watched TV. They were watching the Wake Up, Zootopia! morning show.

"Morning Nick!" Judy said with a smile.

"Morning Judy! Welcome back!"

"Thanks! It's nice to be back!"

Nick went ahead and sit at the table.

"Did you guys stayed up all night?" Asked Judy.

"Yeah and we ended up falling asleep so as you can see why there looks like a sleep over."

"I'm just glad you didn't left a huge mess. By the way, you're throwing out the garbage. It's full!"

"I know!" Nick smiled. He was happy to have Judy back home.

"Pancakes are ready everyone!" Judy callef out. Everyone grabbed a plate and stacks of pancake. They all ate together at the table.

Having company made Nick realize how is nice having others around than being by yourself all the time. He was happy especially with Judy who was just across from him at the table.

As he stared at her for a while, Judy glanced at him. Their eyes locked to each other. After a good long seconds, Judy looked away and down at her pancakes. Nick stood up and went to grap a cup from the kitchen cabinet.

Both of them thought the same thing while feeling their cheeks going red.

"What was that?"

"We got orange juice, milk and lemonade! Anyone who wants some, go ahead and grab a glass!" Says Nick.

An hour later.

"Going home now. Thanks for breakfast!" Says Everly.

Right before she could leave, Judy stopped her.

"Wait, Everly! Before you go! I got a souvenir from home for you!" Says Judy. By the door, there's a crate Judy opens. She takes out a small basket of blueberries. "I hope you like blueberries. Fresh from my family's farm!"

"Thanks Judy!" Everly takes the basket. "I'll see you later!"

"Yeah, later!"

Everly then leaves.

Finnick was the next to leave but before he could go he also got a basket of blueberries. "Thanks! Ciao, Judy! Nick!.

"You're the last one, Lukas. Got anything for us?" Asked Nick.

"Yeah," said Lukas. He took out his cellphone. "Have you guys heard of 'collars'?"

Judy and Nick looked shocked. "Yeah. We have."

"Well, I got some information about them. It seems there were two dark grey rabbits spotted sneaking aroind. The one who saw said they might've seen them carrying a collar."

"Two dark grey rabbits?" Nick asked.

"Yeah." Lukas placed his phone on the table for them to see. It was two dark rabbits running but it didn't show what they were carrying due to the rabbit in the picture securely hiding it beneath their coat.

Judy and Nick were shocked then had a sad look after seeing the photo.

"You know them?" Lukas asked after noticing their reaction.

Judy nodded her head. "Yeah. They're Everly's older brothers and sisters."

"What?!"

"A few of her older brother and sisters from the first litter left the family while half of the others went to prison.  Unfortunately, no one has found proof but some suspect the few might be manufacturing collars that could tame a predator. And believe me when I tell you this. They're much worse than wearing a muzzle," Said Nick.

"But why collars?" Asked Lukas in disbelief.

"You see," Judy began. "Everly's father was the best and most hard working mechanic. He was so good that while some of his coworkers were so proud to have him, a few others grew jealous of him. Those who were jealous of him happened to be predators. A fox name Nathaniel and a raccoon named Conner."

Nick decided to continue on. "Those two thought of a plan to get rid of her father. They loosened a shelf that carried tools. When her dad reached for a tool, the shelf broke and the tools fell on his dominant arm. After a check up at the hospital. Everly's dad had to stay home from work till his arm healed. It took two weeks but when he came back from work, he was replaced."

"Where does the collars come in all this?" Lukas asked.

"Hold on. I'm getting to that part."

"When the five of the eldest bunnies learned about their father's replacement, they went to go see for themselves. To their surprise as they were lurking around they heard from the predators and what they did to get their father replaced. They confronted them but came home beaten up. They snuck back home and told what happened to their other seven siblings of the same liter. All of them make up the twelve of the first litter. Those twelve were all inspired by their father to study engineering and with each having knowledge of that they thought of a plan to get their revenge. They began working on making the first two collars."

Judy decided to continue the rest. "Days after working on them they were finally finished. The one night they snuck out, hid and surrounded Nathaniel and Conner. They jumped on them and held them on the ground and place the collars on their necks."

"So they're just things to put around someone's neck? Doesn't sound worse than muzzles."

"The collars didn't just stay around your neck. They also, shocked you."

"What?!"

Judy continued with the story. "After the collars were placed. The rabbits stepped away from them. The fox and raccoon were angry when they couldn't remove the collars off them so they charged at the bunnies. The bunnies didn't move an inch. Right when they were about to pounce on them, two of the bunnies with remotes pushed a button. The collars shocked them."

"So how did the rabbits got caught?"

"They didn't realize that there were a few nocturnal animals watching them nearby and called the ZPD. They came but only arrested the five eldest of the rabbits. Those five claimed it was their idea and their collars and that the rest of their siblings were just dragged into it."

"I bet Everly's family went through a hard time after everyone learned what her older siblings did."

"They did but there was still one animal who helped the family out. Conner the raccoon confessed to his boss and the police why the bunnies did what they did. He confessed how he and Nathaniel were jealous and wanted to get rid of the rabbit. He also said if he didn't do what they did then all of what happened wouldn't have happened. Conner and Nathaniel were fired after that and Everly's father was rehired."

"And Everly's seven older siblings?"

"They're out there somewhere who nows where in Zootopia."

"So where is this place the picture was taken at?" Asked Nick.

"In an old shack right by Wild Times." Lucas tells.

"Wild Times?!"

"Yeah. The amusement park."

"Yeah, I know the place too well."

"Well it's all I had to share. Going to go now."

Before he left, he was also given a basket of blueberries. He thanked Judy and left.

"You still have more blueberries right?" Asked Nick.

"Yeah. Six of them!"

"Yes!" He said happily and grabbed one.

"So, we're taking this case right?" Asked Judy.

"Of course. Just need to ask the Cheif." Said Nick as grabbed a handful of blueberries.

"Yes!" Judy said excitedly.