It Ends Tonight

"Well?" Tom asked again.

Jack growled, "Enough of this pointless chatter! Where is Everly?"

"She's not here."

"Then where is she?"

"Out somewhere."

"Where at?"

"Can't say."

"And why not?"

"Because I don't want to say."

Jack just glared at him.

Tom smirked. "Though if you really like to know, we can play a small game. If you win I'll give you the information you want but of course if you lose, you go home with nothing,"

"Alright. What's the game?"

"A game of billiards."

All six animals went ahead to the billard table. Jack and Tom got their cue sticks while the balls were being set up by Kly. Once the cue ball was placed he asked "Who'll break?" Looking at the two.

"I will," said Jack. He hopped onto a stool and leaned himself forward on the table. With his cue stick he hit the cue ball.

Smack!

The balls scattered. Two solids went into one of the holes on the side.

"Looks like I'm stripes," Tom smiled.

Jack went again. This time the balls didn't fell in any of the holes giving Tom the chance to have his turn.

During Tom's turns, Jack paid attention carefully to his surroundings noticing the small birthday decorations at the table the young animals were sitting at before they began to play.

From time to time, Nick talked to Kly. Asking few things such as the bar and the animals that come.

"Like I said, preys don't stay long do to the uncomfortable feel of being surrounded by predators." Kly told Nick.

"And if preys are good friends with predators, do they stay long?" Asked Nick.

"They do."

Finnick wandered around through the bar. Looking for at least something like information that could be use of help. He took a seat on a stool at the bar counter table.

"What can I get you?" Asked a male middle-aged wolf.

"A shot of beer, please."

"Coming right up."

The bartender placed a shot glass in front of him and poured him his drink.

"Thanks," said Finnick. He glanced at the direction of the billard game. "That young fox seems pretty good. He comes here a lot?"

"Yes but that's because he and his friends all did was play billiards when they began coming here. They're friends with our son Kly so they made this place their hangout when they all turned eighteen."

"Where did they hang out before they turned eighteen?"

"They didn't hang out together. From what I remember they all went to different schools and only met during the summer. Where they hang out? That something I still don't know."

"As a parent shouldn't you be concerned and bomb your son with questions?"

"Yeah but if I do that he eventually get annoyed by me and will only say "Don't worry about it"."

Finnick knew that as a fact. "That's the truth," he mumbled.

"Did any of this help with your friends investigation?"