Blue for all my life

"Thanks, guys! I was starting to get hungry." Finnick said as he took the tray of food from Nick and bottle of soda from Judy.

"So are you ready for the plan?" Asked Nick.

"After I finish my food yes!"

"Then we'll stay a while since the plan won't start till Judy and I leave from this spot."

"Yeah thanks. So you two enjoying your date?"

The two look at him alarmed as their cheeks blush.

"Our what?!" The two say out loud.

Finnick bursts out laughing from their reaction.

Judy looks away trying to calm the hot feeling in her cheeks while Nick looks at Finnick dumbstruck at the fact he fell for his joke.

Finnick finally calms himself from laughing. "Sorry. Couldn't help it from knowing that you two were the only ones spending time alone together but I know I know. You two are ZPD officers who partners protecting all kinds of animals in Zootopia!" He says while letting a couple of chuckles escape from him.

"Anyways!" Nick says out loud. "How you've been doing on your own? Sold anything?"

"Only a couple. Thanks for asking."

Judys notices a crumpled ball of paper by one of the stands holding a painting. "Finnick, did someone threw that at your painting?"

Finnick glanced at the ball of paper. "No. I just forgot to pick it up. It was just a pamphlet."

"A pamphlet about what?"

"About how of an unhealthy lifestyle will be for interspecies to be in a relationship. Like I care!" Finnick says then munches into his hot bug. After swallowing a bite he continues. "I only took it to make that dingo woman leave!"

"Interspecies relationship, huh?" Says Nick. Judy looks up at him feeling somewhat worried.

"Didn't think anyone care. I mean I doubt it's because they're interspecies but the relationship that just doesn't work. I mean not all relationships work and you see it at times from couples who are of the same species!"

Judy felt relieved hearing those words from him.

"I know right?!" Says Finnick. "Remember that beaver Martin who helped us push my van to the repair shop months back?"

"Yeah?"

"And remember how he mentioned that his girlfriend Chelsea, also a beaver, were going to be together forever because they've been together for more than three years?"

"Yeah?"

"A week ago I bumped into him through the streets and as we were chatting, he mentions that he broke up with that girl two weeks ago and the two had moved on already."

"Really? Did he mentioned why a break a up?"

"He said that the relationship wasn't working out anymore. She wanted to go out dancing in clubs while he rather stay home relaxing."

"Look at that! Two of the same species and they broke up! See? It's not the species but how the two work out the relationship."

"You're right, Nick."

Finnick went onto eating his food while Nick looked at the animals passing by. Judy tried to keep her attention looking for any possible dangers or any slight of ruffhousing in the fair. She couldn't. Her mind was on what Nick said. She had some happy feeling inside of her that wasn't stopping because of what Nick said. She was glad Nick wasn't against interspecies relationships.