You and Me

It was 6:00 in the morning in Zootopia.

At the ZPD, Jack Savage was in his office looking up the history of the van in his computer. No useful information, the van use to be left alone in the Sahara Square in a parking lot. It was only seen driven by a moose yesterday morning who took it to a garage in the jungle district then was taken out later that evening to the fair.

The next thing Jack searched up was the garage. The garage is actually a small auto repair shop that had very low business. Jack decided he would check out the place later.

For now, Jack decided to go get coffee from the break room. As he went downstairs, he saw Judy and Nick bursting through the doors carrying Finnick.

"Clawhauser!" Judy yelled out. "Can you call someone to remove a collar!"

Clawhauser and everyone in the station noticed the fennec fox wearing a collar around his neck. At that second, the collar activated and shocked Finnick causing him to yell in pain.

Later, at a lab. A leopard named Douglas, was trying to deactivate the collar. He placed down his tool on the table. "I'm afraid this one is more advanced than the last one!" He said. "It's going to take me a good while till I can remove it."

Both Nick's and Judy's ears went down as they were both shock at the news.

"Everly! We should convince her somehow to trick her siblings into removing it!" Nick suggested.

"That won't work!" Said Jack. "You heard what they said yesterday. They don't want to get involved at all with the collars!"

"Then what else can we do?!" Said Nick frustrated.

"Let Douglas keep on trying to deactivate it."

Nick look saddened as he saw his friend collared and in pain. Judy placed her paw in Nick's paw. It surprised her as held onto her paw tight causing her to blush a bit. The three then left the lab.

"I'll do some more investigation for you guys. You two just try resting for the day." Jack told them.

"We will, Jack!" Said Judy.

Jack then left back to the station.

Both Nick and Judy walk through downtown together paw in paw. Judy could see the look on Nick's face that he was worried about Finnick. Is why he was still holding onto her paw.

A part of Judy felt glad that he hadn't let go of her paw. She blushed a bit a the thought. Judy realized she needed to find a way to cheer Nick up a bit so he won't stay worried the rest of the day. She looked around trying to come up with an idea.

She noticed a ice cream vendor selling ice cream. Maybe ice cream will help, sh thought. Before she could ask Nick if he wanted to buy one, she remembered that he use to sell pawpsicles with Finnick. Judy shook the idea away.

She needed to think of something else. She looked around seeing all the different street vendors selling balloons, toys, cotton candy and corn on the cob. Judy didn't which to choose that might cheer up Nick.

"Excuse me!"

Judy looked up at a female pig holding a pile of pamphlets in her arms. "May we help you?"

"Actually is more of how I can help you!" She said.

"Huh?"

"I couldn't help but see that you two were holding paws but are of a different species. A rabbit and a fox."

Judy noticed one of the pamphlets in her arms that said 'Interspecies Relationships End In Heart Break'. Before Judy could explain that they aren't a couple, she went on explaining about the problems of being in a interspecies relationship.