Remember

It only took forty-five minutes for Everly to finally say, "Done! The collar is off!"

Nick felt around his neck with his paw. It felt good for him to feel free! "How can I ever repay you, Everly?"

Everly blushed, "How about a  date?"

Nick stopped and looked over at her. "What?"

Jack's and Judy's ears pointed straight up in alarm.

"A date. I want you to go on a date with me, Nick Wilde." The black rabbit repeated.

Nick's cheeks blush a bit. He clears his throat, "Well, you did just released me from what could be one of the worst things that ever happened to me in my life and one date wouldn't hurt. Sure! Let's go on a date!" He finally decides.

Jack and Judy were both taken back with what just happened. Judy was feeling somewhat jealous. She knows that the black rabbit gave up on Nick but was getting doubts now how her choice was a date. Jack was mad at Nick for even considering going on a date with her.

"I'll sent you a message later of the details of the date, for now, I got to go!" Everly says while packing her things in her backpack. She walks over to the airvent.

"You know we could get ZPD officers to escort you out secretly," Jack suggests.

"No thanks. I'll be fine!" She says as she leaves through the airvent.

Nick let's out a chuckle, "What a strange bunny."

For the next four days, Nick had to be kept in the lab so they can pretend it took seven days to get rid of Nick's collar. When the day came, all the engineers who were present were given credit for removing Nick's collar. Even though they knew it wasn't their doing, they made sure to be the secret of the fact it wasn't them.

When Cheif Bogo revealed the news, all of Zootopia cheered with happiness. Except there were a few citizens who were not so happy.

"James! Get up!" yelled an angry female animal.

James stood up from his seat. "Yes, m'am?"

"I thought you said that collar was going to stay on that predator's neck forever! Now what am I going to do as for a gift? I wanted to her to laugh with me when we saw that fox tortured on the news being collared!"

"Please forgive me, m'am. I should've taken longer on creating that collar."

"No! You should've taken little time and still created on a amazing collar that would stay on that fox's neck for more longer!" she yelled. She did a small breathing exercise to help her calm down. She looked over at each of the razorbacks beside her. "Jam! Go get me a cake tomorrow morning! I can't visit her without at least giving her something to present to her! She'll be mad at me and I can't let her be more upset with me than she already is!"

Meanwhile at Judy's and Nick's place. Nick was checking himself  in the mirror as he put on his green tie over his black dress shirt. "I guess this is okay for a date," he said as he looked down at his grey pants. He walked over to his closet getting a black and grey sweater. He then walked out of his room. Outside of his room he found Finnick staring at him while drinking from a can soda. "Still here?" Nick asks.

"Yeah? So what?" says Finnick. Nick just sighs. "Shouldn't you be out on a meeting with the alley preds?"

"Don't feel like going anymore. It's just a meeting about more places to look for preys who may be keeping another collaring location."

"Sounds fun. You should go!" says Nick with fake enthusiasm.

"Nah!"

"Then what you planning to do here?"

"Watch Judy leave as she goes on her date then take my van out to the Sahara Square and enjoy the veiw of the beach."

"Date?!" says Nick alarmed. "Judy's going on a date? With who?"

Finnick smirked, "Who you think? Jack!"

"Jack?!"

"Yeah."

Nick could feel a weird feeling inside of him. Like someone was pulling a string in him too tight and it was getting him on his nerves. "So what are those two doing anyway?"

"They're just going to his place."

"To do what?"

"How should I know?"

Nick looked at him upset. "Nevermind." He walks into the restroom. Finnick leaves to the kitchen where he finds Judy. "Satisfied?" he asks.

"Yes," Judy smiles. She takes out a clip of money from her pocket giving it to Finnick. "Don't spent it all in one place."

Finnick takes it, "Don't tell me what to do!"

Judy leaves to her room so she can get ready.

At the four young mammals home.

Tom sat boredly on the couch while watching the food channel. Kevin was out on the balcony taking a smoke. Coustic was on his laptop working on his 3D animated model of a spider at the kitchen table.

Everly came out of her room and stood by the counter of the kitchen. "I thought you guys had plans for today?" she asks.

"We did till we found out you're going to a place much better!" says Tom.

Everly rolls her eyes. She goes into the kitchen, opens a drawer and takes out three passes to Wilde Times. She lays them on the table next to Coustic. "Just don't bother me on my date with Nick!"

"Thank you, Everly!" Tom says happily.

"You sure about going on this date? What if he's not the same fox you met years ago at Wilde Times?" asks Coustic.

"Who else could be named Nick Wilde and be a fox?"

"I'm just saying. I wouldn't want you to get your hopes up if it isn't him or he doesn't remember you."

"I know," says the black rabbit sadly.

Thirty minutes later, the black rabbit waited for Nick in front of the train station. The rabbit looked over at her reflection on the mirror of a bike that belonged to a armadillo. She was wearing light blue shirt with a blue denim jacket over and blue jeans.

"Did I take long?"

Everly looked over in front of her seeing Nick coming her way. "Nope. Just in time."