How The World Could Be

Photo I posted on Tumblr. It's funny everytime I see the scene of Nick doing that face. It comes right after Judy and Nick are let go and Mr. Big kisses Judy's cheeks.

Two weeks had passed. Unfortunately, Nick couldn't find any new information about the collars or the other preys supporting these collars. Lucas nor Allister couldn't find anything either. The only good thing of time passing was the fact that Judy was finally released from the hospital but had to use a wheelchair.

Nick carried Judy bridal style into their apartment and layed her on the couch. Behind came Lucas and Allister carrying the wheelchair and her bag.

"Thanks for all your help guys!" Says Judy.

"No problem, Judy!" Says Allister. He sets the wheelchair by the couch. Judy looks at the door, noticing Lucas still in the doorway looking outside. She wondered what could he be looking at.

"Lucas, you alright?" Judy asks him.

"Yeah. I'm fine," Lucas simply says and puts down the bags.

Judy then realizes that she's only seen Everly twice for the last two weeks. Lucas and Allister constantly visit with Nick and would discuss their plans. She guess Everly wouldn't be around a lot due to the case. Everly was the only one who didn't know they were searching for the collars.

"Allister, you've seen Everly around right? How's she been?" Asked Judy.

Allister thought about it. He actually hasn't seen her a lot except at work a few times. He texted her before but she either responded late or didn't respond at all. He couldn't tell what it was that was keeping her busy. The idea that scared him was that if she was working with her older siblings. "Actually...I don't know. She's been pretty absent lately. We haven't been out in the streets at night for more than two weeks now."

Everyone now grew concerned. Especially Lucas, all he wanted right now was to go knocking on her door right now and see how she was doing.

"Well, how about Lucas does the honor of knocking on her door and see if she's home. If she is, we invite her over." Suggested Nick.

Everyone nodded their heads in agreement.

Lucas went ahead, walking to Everly's home. He felt nervous. Though of course he would feel that way, he was about to knock on the door of the girl he likes! Who wouldn't be nervous?!

With his paw, he knocked on the door two times. He waited a good while hearing no footsteps nor sound of opening the door from the other side. Lucas sighed as he felt disappointed she wasn't home. He walked back to Nick's and Judy's home. "Nothing." Is all Lucas said as he came in.

Nick and Allister felt sorry for him.

Suddenly Nick's cellphone buzzed. Nick looked at the caller ID. It was Cheif Bogo. Nick knew this couldn't be good. Since Judy or Nick hadn't filed any new reports of the case, they might get their case taken away and be given to someone new.

Nick answered. "Hey Cheif!"

"Wilde, there haven't been any new reports on the collar case, right?"

"Yeah. There hasn't."

"By now, I would've taken this case from you especially with your partner injured and given it to someone new but instead I'm going to do something different."

"Yeah? And what's that?"

"I'm assigning someone new to help you with this case. We have someone new in the ZPD. He happens to be an old friend of mine's disciple. He was taken under his wing for the last seven years and now his student is back living in Zootopia. He wants in on this case." Cheif Bogo explained.