It Had To Be

'When was it? Three years ago? Or maybe four?'

Thought Coustic as he tried to remember the second summer he spent with his friends.

Flashback, Coustic POV

It was the second summer I spent with my new friends.

Last year was our first summer because that's when we first met and discovered the forgotten underground city known as Savage City. It was right under Zootopia for years forgotten. Savage City was used for nocturnal criminals who build the place just so they could sneak in illegal goods or hide from the ZPD as the most wanted criminals. Savage City, tunnels underneath Zootopia that reached almost every district. Cops one day figured out as the amount of criminals were nocturnal they had to be hiding underground. After finding it, they placed every criminal behind bars then closed up Savage City.

It was decades forgotten but finally found by my friends and I last summer.

Long story short, I was in the library looking up a book that contained the most famous crimes in Zootopia after witnessing a failed bank robbery being committed in downtown. I couldn't find any on the shelves instead I found one in a small shelf of books for free by the entrance. It was old with a couple of pages ready to fall out but it contained what I was looking for. Criminals in Zootopia History. After discovering a couple of criminals who were all a caught due to Savage City, I decided to look up where it was. As I did my research in the library computers, a tiger twice my age kept on pestering me because he wanted to use the computer. He even shook my chair trying to get me off. He finally stopped pestering me when a fox appeared. He threatened the tiger if he didn't leave me alone he'd better call an ambulance because he was prepared to give him a great beating. The tiger took the threat and left. The fox introduced himself as Tom then asked me what I was doing. I told him about Savage City and how it may still exist beneath Zootopia. As he looked at my research he said that he knew one of the places that might be the entrance. I thought he was joking but he said he was telling the truth and he go find it himself first to make sure it is then come get me to see it. I gave him the okay and he left.The next day the same fox came back with a black fur rabbit and a brown bear. Tom tells me that for sure he found an entrance to Savage City but since I was the one who knows about it the most they needed me to make sure they didn't get lost. After checking it out for myself, I saw they were telling the truth. During that whole summer all four of us spent discovering the entrances, tunnels and rooms of Savage City. On the last day of our summer, we made an agreement to keep Savage City a secret it and keep it for ourselves so when the next summer comes we can adventure together again and make more discoveries, all four of us.

During my time at the academy, I was looking forward for summer. Looking forward for another adventure.

I was finally relieved when it was the last day of school.

"Got plans for the summer, Coustic?" asked my friend Kly. Kly was my closest friend and the only friend I had at the academy.

"Yeah. You?"

"Well, now that I'm at the age I can get a job, my parents want me to work as a waiter at their bar."

"So you'll be spending it all summer working?"

"Pretty much. At least this beats going to summer school which I did not need to go to last year! Do you know how annoying that was?! To attend a class you already passed!"

"I know! I know! Your parents made you go to summer school because they thought you'll just do nothing."

"Exactly!"

"Well enjoy your summer working! I got to get home!"

"You can come over if you like? We have billiard tables so we can play against each."