So Contagious

So Contagious by Acceptance

I do not own the music or videos that appear in the this chapter.

Nick couldn't tell how long he could hold in what he was feeding. This hurt feeling.

It was night, Nick was riding in the passenger seat of Finnick's van. Finnick thought it be a good idea to take him out since for more than a week Nick's been feeling down whenever he came home alone.

Nick switched the stations. There were too many sad songs playing. He switched to one that was playing an ad. He left it there since at least it wasn't playing depressed music. After three different ads, a song finally began to play.

Oh no, this couldn't be more unexpected
And I can tell that I've been moving in so slow
Don't let it throw you off too far
Cause I'll be running right behind you

Nick went deep into thought. Remembering what made him happy but then what replaced that happiness to sadness.

Last week, one morning he woke up finding Judy gone. She left a note on the fridge saying she went into work early. He crumpled up the note and threw it away. He then made breakfast for him and Finnick.

Could this be out of line? (Could this be out of line?)
To say you're the only one breaking me down like this
You're the only one I would take a shot on
Keep me hanging on so contagiously

That same day, Nick walked into the station with two coffees from a convenience store. "Clawhauser, is Judy in her office."

"Actually I just saw her go with Jack in the break room."

Nick glanced at where the break room was. The door was open. He could see Judy and Jack talking to each other with cups of coffee in their paws. Nick's ears went down, saddened.

Clawhauser noticed the second cup of coffee. "Nick was that second coffee for"

Nick placed it on his desk. "You can have it." Then left to his office.

Oohhh, when I'm around you I'm predictable

At another time at work, Nick was carrying a stack of file papers. Not noticing a ceiling fan turned on, it blew the papers away scattering them all over the floor. Nick just sighed, kneeled on the floor and began to pick them up.

"Oh no! Let me help with you that, Nick." Said a recognizable voice. He looked at Judy in front of him who was helping picking up the papers on the floor.

Cause I believe in loving you with first sight

Nick looked at the time seeing it was lunch. "Judy would you like to-"

"Join you for lunch? Sure!" She said happily. Nick smiled as he was happy to see that smile of hers.

I know it's crazy but I'm hoping to..
To take a hold of you

At another day, at evening. Nick walked up to Judy's office hoping for the two to go straight home together now that their shifts are over. His plan was ruined when he found Jack there.

Judy glanced up at him. "Nick, glad you're here! I'll be going with Jack at his place so you can go home without me!"

Nick nodded his head. "Okay then I'll see you later at home tonight."

Could this be out of line? (Could this be out of line?)
To say you're the only one breaking me down like this
You're the only one I would take a shot on
Keep me hanging on so contagiously