Chapter 18: Explanation

Ellie's P.O.V

"Wake up." Someone shook me slightly and I let out a tired groan.

"Shut the fuck up and let me sleep." I mumbled angrily before turning my back to the person and started to drift back to sleep again.

The voice let out a tired sigh before suddenly the warm covers were pulled away from my sleeping figure.

I groaned before patting out on the space trying to find the damn blankets. When I didn't felt the familiar soft cotton, I was forced to crack my eyes open.

It was still dark outside since there was no sun peeking in through the curtains. I looked around me and noticed that I was still on Alec's room but the difference was I was now wearing a big shirt and a loose boxer.

Ark must've been the one who changed me since after Val and I's talk all I remember was me drifting off to sleep the same time Ark came in with a few clothes in hand.

Someone coughed and I snapped my head to the side to see Alec standing there half naked with a loose sweatpants. Showing off his muscular body and six pack.

I almost forgot he was there turning my head to the side to check the clock, I was surprised that he was still awake since the red numbers state it was already 2:48 A.M.

I started to get nervous when I notice Alec looking at me with an intense look but as the memories of the fight from earlier came back to me, I just ignored him and let out huff when I notice that he was still gripping my blankets.

I decided to just continue my sleep and ignore Alec's presence. Fixing the pillows slighty, I laid on my back and move into a comfortable position before closing my eyes.

After a few moments of silence,"I'm sorry," It was faint but I heard it loud and clear.

I snapped my eyes open in surprised and saw that he moved closer and now sat near to me with the bed dipping slighty at his weight.

"What?" I snapped daring him to say those words again.

He sighed before pushing his hair back with his hand in frustration,"I-I said I'm sorry and I know that it was a dick move of me to put the blame on you but I just-" He paused as he huff in frustration trying to find the right words.

"You just what?" I asked before pushing myself to sit upwards to listen more to his explanation.

"I j-just can't risk you getting hurt okay?" He said in one breath,"I-I know I've been pushing you away and left you in the dark but it wasn't for my sake but yours." He said looking at me with such pained eyes.

I opened my mouth but,"Shh. You're gonna have to let me finish my explanation first." He cut me off and I answered with meek nod.

"I care about you and yes, I have a shitty way of showing it to you and I'm sorry," His voice cracked,"I'm just new to this feelings okay? I-I'm so used to being cold to others and pushing them away but I'm doing my best to try and let others in." He explained

I couldn't help but tear up a bit. The way that he's looking at me is so full of hurt and sadness. I've never seen him this vulnerable and it pained me too much to know that its partially my fault.

My hormones are really fucking me up. Like really.

"Oh god. I didn't mean to make you cry. Shit I'm sorry cookie. I'm not good at opening up,"He started to freak out but gently brushed the tear away that managed to escape,"I'm gonna kill Val about this." He muttered.

I let out a choked cry-laugh hearing it,"It's okay. You don't have to kill Val because it helped clear a few things," I took his hand that was on my face and held it,"Don't worry opening up to me because we could just take baby steps. I'm not rushing you into saying your past." I said rubbing his knuckles with my thumb soothingly.