Chapter 35: What is Love?

👑Alec's P.O.V

I am completely confused.

I was having second thoughts on wether I was more mad that Ellie lied or was more hurt at the fact that Valentino was behind all of these.

I was mad because Ellie lied but partially I was really mad at the fact that she didn't give me a chance to protect her. I felt guilty because I promised to protect her but I failed her.

Along with my anger lies my pain. Pain at the fact that my bestfriend, almost my brother, is the reason behind all of this problems.

Val and I had been friends for so long. He was my first friend and had been my rock through all the shit that I've been through. I really don't know what I did for him to betray me like this.

I sighed softly as the cold breeze of air whip past me. The beautiful view of the sea at the edge of the cliff made my heartstrings tug harder.

Fuck, I've gotten soft.

But it's totally worth it, my subconscious fired back.

I felt my heart agree instantly, Ellie's face displays on my mind like a beautiful painting.

She's honestly the most gorgeous girl I've ever seen.

I like the way her hair suits her blue eyes, I've never seen such gorgeous shade of blue in my life and I considered it my favorite color the moment my eyes met hers. I like how pale her skin is to the point that I can easily tell how flustered she gets when she's with me. I like the way her lips looks sinfully red and kissable. I like how she can get innocent yet feisty at the same time. Despite her skinny figure, I like how her chest lacks a few numbers or how her butt looks amazing in every jean, short, sweatpants, or leggings she wear and of course, let's not forget about her golden personality. I love how she defends something she believes in. I love how understanding she can get or how stubborn she is. I love how strong she is and determined in every situation thrown at her and I absolutely love how she doesn't give up easily.

Do I love Ellie?

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I look up to see Jayden and Hayden. They were both looking at me worriedly.

"Hey,"Jayden muttered, quickly sitting down next to my side while Hayden does the same.

This cliff was our place or thinking place. We discovered it a few years back when we went on a camp and ended up stuck for like 3 days because Valentino got the map mixed up.

"Hey," I muttered dejectedly.

"What happened?" Hayden asked, looking at me with sadness.

"What is love?" I asked, uncertainly ignoring his question.

"What is love?" Jayden repeated, amusement laced in his voice.

"You heard it," I gritted out, my face flushing in embarrassment.

Hayden and Jayden looked at each other with knowing looks.

"Just answer the damn question," I snapped, running a hand through my already messy hair.

"Hmm, Love is when you love the way her nose crinkles when she laughs." Jayden started.

"Love is when despite her flaws you still think she's perfect." Hayden continued.

"Love is when you're with her, you forget all those damn problems and think of living life into the fullest."