Chapter 38: This isn't the end

❣️Ellie's P.O.V

The sound of something beeping continuously and a soft chatter of voices met my ears when I woke up.

I opened my eyes slowly before wincing  in pain at the harsh light that emitted from the windows. I immediately knew that I was in the hospital as the familiar scent of detergent and medicine met my senses.

A small cry erupted before arms wrapped around me,"Thank god, your awake! How are you baby?" My mom said, her teary eyes looking at me worriedly.

I smiled weakly,"I'm fine mom, How about you?" I croaked out.

She sniffled,"I'm okay baby, We're okay but," She paused, seeming hesitant.

"What?" I asked, looking at her intenly.

"You're dad's not here, He's at the station discussing some things about the incident." Mom explained, smiling slightly.

"Ewwie!" I looked to the side of my head to see Theodore's small framing jumping up and down trying to reach the bed.

I gave him a grin before Mom helped him, sitting him near my legs. He looked tired but he had a huge grin on his face.

"We were so worried fow you, mwister's fwiends were waiting outside the whoole night." Theo said, swinging his legs happily.

I smiled,"Mister's friends? Who's that?" I asked, a confused look on my face.

"He means the twins and Todd along with Chase. They were here all night but they went down the canteen to get some food," Mom explained.

"How are they?" I asked, my face turning serious.

Mom was about to reply when the doctor came in. He was around his fifties with a kind smile and welcoming aura.

"Good morning Ellie, It's nice to see you awake. I'm Doctor William but you can call me Doc Will." He introduced, before looking at the chart.

"How is she doc? Any complications?" My mom asked worriedly.

"She's fine," He said before turning to me,"You have a mild concussion, bruised cheek, bruised ribs and thankfully that stab wound missed a couple inches of your kidneys. You have stitches so please refrain yourself from doing heavy chores." He explained.

I nodded thoughtfully,"When can I be discharged?" I asked, rubbing my thumbs together.

"Seeing as you are awake and recovering well. You can be discharged the day after tomorrow, just to make sure there aren't any complications." He explained.

"Thank you doc," I said before offering him a smile.

"No problem Ms. Ellie, I hope you have a fast recovery," He said before walking out.

The door opened again and loud talking can be heard before The twins, Chase, and Todd popped in.

They talked animatedly before Todd seemed to notice my conscious self before his eyes widen.

"You're awake!" Todd exclaimed, barreling between my mom and I.

"No Todd, I'm half dead," I said sarcastically.