Chapter 28: Thoughts

This chapter is dedicated to unicornrainbowcloud  for always voting and supporting the book. This is the update that I promised<3 Hope you love it. Mwah xx

Ellie's P.O.V

Have you ever been haunted by your very own thoughts?

It's depressing, When you want sleep to visit but you're brain keeps on thinking and thinking.

You're trying to do everything you can to ignore the thoughts that keeps running in your head but yet you couldn't do anything to stop it and is stuck on doing it.

That was what I was feeling at the moment. After I passed out, I woke up  in the bed completely scared and covered in sweat.

I couldn't go back to sleep because of fear that they would kidnap me and my thoughts were keeping me company.

I noticed that my clothes were replaced with clean ones and my cuts were no longer bleeding but left with dark red lines. My face was throbbing and my feet were aching badly.

I noticed that there was only one cut that had stitches. It was on the side of my left wrist and was dragged in straight line.

It was about four inches long and had 7 stitches. I let my thumb hover on it gently and felt the rough fabric of thread carres it.

I smiled softly despite being tired. I still felt thankful that I managed to escaped.
Thanking the heavens aboved, my mind drifted off to Valentino.

How could Val do this to his very own bestfriend? It's not Alec's fault that people like him more than Val.

I sighed, How can I tell Alec the truth? Will he believe me? What will his reaction be?

I felt the familiar sting of tears and I let out a breath before resting my head on on the headrest.

I don't want Alec to suffer. He already has his own issues and this will add up more to his problems.

I can tell that this revelation would crush him and I know somewhere in my mind that he would completely shut himself out.

The thought of Alec in pain started to make me cry. I tried to stop it by closing my eyes but it continued to pour out of me.

I sobbed quietly as the fear of waking someone up entered my mind. I don't want to burden them anymore.

I suddenly felt weak, numb, and useless. I felt the betrayal catching up to me and felt scared.

Never in my life did I feel so depressed. I pulled the blankets up and wrapped it in my body. I pushed my body to lay down before continued crying silently.

I closed my eyes tightly trying to fight of the flashbacks that I recieved. I pulled my knees near to my chest and hugged myself.

I was so caught up in my crying that I didn't notice that someone was now crouching infront of me.

I let out a gasp of surprise as my dark blue eyes met dark obsidian ones.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, tears streaming down my face.

He wiped it softly with the pad of his fingers,"Stop crying Red." Chase said, his usual blank eyes now held a certain softness in them.