Chapter 32: Peeping Todd

This chapter is dedicated to mena0101Thank you for the long messages and sweet words. I'm glad that this books insipires you as much as it inspires me in so many ways. I hope you love this chapter, love you cookie.

♡♥ELLIE'S P.O.V

I'm gonna faint.

again.

I'm just kidding.

Not really.

I'm here at my room currently freaking out in my ripped jeans and a
halter top with a pair of sandals.

It's 8:30 p.m and a few family members have arrived for the Christmas party but no signs of the boys nor Alec.

Speaking of Alec, he's the reason why I'm freaking out because I have no clue on what to say or how to start up a conversation with him because of earlier.

I replayed so many times of what Alec said about how I really don't know much about him and I felt disappointed on how true it was.

I know some of his favorites but I never really knew who his parents were or if he has any siblings.

A knock on my room resonated and I looked up to see Mom's head poking in my door.

"Why aren't you going down? Dinner's about to be serve in a few." Mom said,  looking gorgeous as ever.

I let out a fake smile,"Oh, uh, I was just doing my make up," I lied easily.

Mom raised a brow,"You aren't holding any make up tool and I know that look, is there a problem sweetie?" Mom asked, closing the door behind her.

I sighed,"It's about Alec and I think he got upset about something I said earlier and he said something along the lines that there are still so many things I don't know about him and I'm sad because it's kinda true and I just don't know how to face him later on knowing his upset over something,"I said, my eyes looking downcast.

"Oh sweetie, from what I can tell Alec is the kind of guy who doesn't like talking stuff about themselves but the only way he can open up to you is, if you try to approach the subject." Mom said, taking a hold of my hand.

"But what if he avoids the subject? What then?" I asked, totally lost.

"Then that means he's not ready yet and all you have to do is wait and show him you'll be there for him no matter what. Trust is the key to everything darling," Mom said, pushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

"When I met your Dad, It was not exactly all rainbows and sunshine dear. We had many bumps on the road but no matter what happened, we had trust. We trusted each other that we both can make it out and look what it brought us." Mom said, a genuine expression on her face.

I felt myself tear up a bit,"Thanks mom, I don't know what I'll do without you." I said, pulling her in a hug.

"It's nothing sweetie and besides if it doesn't work out, I'll buy you junks foods although I'm sure that wouldn't happen regarding on how he looks completely smitten over you." Mom teasingly said.

I blushed,"Mom, stop it." I groaned, hiding my red face.

She let out a giggle,"Now that matter is discussed, how about we make ourselves present downstairs now."Mom suggested, offering me her arm.