Epilogue

❣️Ellie's P.O.V

Cookie,

If you're reading this letter now, then this means that I'm in this place called heaven, probably slaying demons alongside with my angel buddies.

Don't worry, I won't give in to the female demons that are trying to seduce me. You'll always be my number one cookie.

Although, I can't be your number one because, I don't want to remind you  but yea, I'm dead.

And for that, I'm sorry. I apologize for not being the one who you can spend with for the rest of your life. I apologize for not being the one to wipe your tears anymore. I apologize because I can't take you to any dates anymore. I'm sorry for causing you problems and last of all, I'm sorry for not showing you enough how much you mean to me.

And I know you're drowning in your misery and thinking you can't move on on from me but you can, I want you to move on from me. I want you to find someone who can make you happy and treat you the way you deserve. Don't worry, even if I'm gone, I am always with you to guide you, protect you and to love you nonstop.

Remember that I am the stars that are watching you at night. I am the wind that gently whispers and caress at your skin. I am the sun that will remind you to move forward and I am the birds that are chirping happily in the morning reminding you how you must stay positive despite all this shit. Also, I'm the ghost who'll haunt those punks who'd try to play with you ;)

Now, don't start crying on me, please.
Making you sad is the last thing I want you to be. When you remember me, I want you to think of all the happy memories that we've been through. Think of all the times, you made me happy, made me frustrated, and made me laugh. Remember me with a smile on your face.

I love you cookie, you're the only girl who is engraved in not only my heart, but in my mind and soul and I promise you, that when I get to live again, I'll find you and we'll continue this love story again, somewhere, someday.

Be safe always.

P.S. That promise ring is the proof that this is not the end.

Yours only,
Alec King👑

I folded the piece of paper as I held it in my hand. The promise ring Alec gave me glistening gorgeously at my ring finger.

It's been two years since the accident but every time I read this letter, it still makes my heart cry painfully.

I sniffled a bit as I looked around the cafe, the soft chatter of people and the buzz of the waitress and waiters as they serve the orders.

I was seated in the booth near the window of the cafe as I waited for the arrival of my order.

The California sun beaming brightly outside as I watched a group of teens walk by, a grin stretched on their faces as they talk animatedly with their friends.

A small smiled settled on my face as I remember the memories. That I was in that same position, joking around, laughing loudly, and having the time of my life before all the shit happened.

A loud bang made me jump and I looked down to see my order. A chocolate chip cookies with a blueberry cream smoothie along with cheese flavored fries.

"That was one hell of a line," He complained as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"You love me," I pointed out, a grin forming on my lips.