Chapter 34: The Unspoken Truth

♡♥Ellie's P.O.V

It was now lunch time and I'm a complete mess. I was currently at the library hiding and the same time, calming myself down and yes, I skipped all my classes scared of bumping my way to one of the bad boys and them finding out.

I can't tell them, not even Chase who knows the truth. I can't risk their lives, kinda funny because I'm risking my lives for them right?

I have to do it, alone. The fear of not making it out alive is strong but what kept me in my toes is the thought of protecting my little brother and everyone else.

I need to put a stop to this.

But first, I need to collect myself. It's been 15 minutes since lunch started and I know the boys are probably looking for me including Alec.

I took a deep breath before trying to tame my wild hair, which I gripped hard earlier making it messy. I took a deep breath and wipe any possible tears that were left on my face and fixed my wrinkled shirt.

I was still shaking, my hands trembling at the image of my little brother pointed with a gun.

My tears were at bay but I held them back. I needed to be strong, not only for me but for everyone else.

I made my way to cafeteria, occasionally looking left and right even behind my back scared of someone coming up behind me.

I managed to arrived at the cafeteria without being kidnap. I let out a relieved breath before wiping away a cold sweat on my forehead.

I scanned the room, my eyes looking for the boys and spotted them immediately. Todd was waving at me frantically along with him was the boys including Alec and Ark.

Despite my troubles, I managed to let out a smile and without even thinking, my feet were already making their way towards them.

"Hii,"I greeted, offering them an apologetic smile.

The boys had worried looks on their faces even Todd but he hid it with a soft grin. I moved my eyes to Alec and was already met with his electric blue ones.

I held my breath because he was looking at me suspiciously and intensely. His eyes dropped a bit downwards and his brows furrowed immensely.

I looked down to see what the cause of his expression and almost slapped myself when I noticed it was my trembling hands he was looking at.

My heart thudded dangerously as I fisted my trembling hands and offered him a cheery look.

"Sorry, I'm late. Mr. Pimp was being more mean and held us back." I lied easily, guilt immediately swarming my insides.

I sat next to the empty seat next to Alec. My shoulder slightly bumping with him, The boys nodded in understanding before they continued what they were talking about. I let out a small breath of relief before darting my eyes back to Alec.

I almost sh-t myself when I saw him already looking at me again and it seem as if he caught my little white lie.

I offered him a fake smile,"You seem quiet." I pointed out, whilst acting dumb.