Part 10: Wrong Number

I stormed upstairs to take a shower. Riley's clothes were ruined from the chlorine in the pool and I felt really bad. Stupid Tracey. She better watch her back.

I looked in the bathroom mirror and almost screamed. My makeup was running down my face and I looked scary as hell. My hair was sticking up all over the place. And basically my entire school had seen me like this. I groaned.

I stripped out of the tight clothes and jumped into the burning hot shower. It felt so good. I stood there for a while just thinking. I tentatively raised my fingers to my still tingling lips. Ryker had kissed me. I dropped my hand, clenching it hard. He was playing with my emotions on purpose. He wanted me to fall for him like some sort of a sick joke. I mean he did save me, sure, but that must've been because he was the closest at the time.

Good thing I hadn't brought my cell phone to the party otherwise it would have drowned in the pool with me. It was vibrating like crazy on the sink. Xander was probably worried. I quickly hurried to get out of the shower.

I wrapped a towel around myself and grabbed my phone. I was about to reply to Xander's frantic texts when an incoming call appeared on the screen.

"X?"

"EVE! Are you okay? Ryker wouldn't let anyone near you, at all. I got the details from Rick about what happened. So basically Tracey pushed you in the pool and then Ryker sprinted from the deck to the pool and dove in after you. Then he pulled you out and gave you CPR until you could breathe again. I couldn't even get close to you. Well I did after Ryker had given you CPR, but he wouldn't let me take you home after. I just took Riley home, but he was like some huge guardian angel protecting you or something," Xander spoke fast.

"You did not just say guardian angel and Ryker in the same sentence," I said, not commenting on anything else he had just spit out.

"That's not the point," he said, "What I was trying to get across was the fact that Tracey pushed you in the pool and Ryker, the guy who you hate, saved you."

I sighed, "Yeah, when he dropped me off at my house, he kissed me, but-"

"WHAT?!"

"Jeez, X, my ear! As I was trying to say, Ryker kissed me, but I know he's just playing with me. He constantly tells me not to fall in love with him, so maybe he thinks I already have and he's just making fun of me by kissing me."

Xander was quiet for a moment before asking, "Well have you?"

"Have I what?" I asked, confused.

"Fallen for him?"

My jaw dropped open and I gawked at the cell phone.

"No! I would never fall for a guy like him in a million years!" I yelled into the phone.

"Woah, I was just making sure."

Then Xander went on about how he danced with Riley the whole night and how much fun he had with her. It made me smile. I told him I had to get dressed so I hung up. It was really quiet in the house since I was all alone. I pressed play on my playlist and Two-Strings filled the bathroom with their rock music. I immediately jabbed my thumb on the pause button to shut off Ryker's voice.

I didn't know what was up with him, but he seriously pissed me off. If he honestly thought he could get away with teasing me with that kiss, then he had another thing coming for him. Just like Tracey, he should sleep with one eye open.

~*~*~*~

"Xander, we are hanging out this weekend whether you want to or not. You can't just completely ditch me now that you're officially dating Riley," I said the next afternoon over the phone. I had already slept through most of the day by accident.