Part 26: His Game

Ryker shoved Finn back on the ground and stood up. Then he turned to me, quirking his eyebrow. I just stared at him as he came up to me and grabbed my elbow, turning me away from Finn. I took one last look at him to see a sad smile on his face. Then I turned back around and let Ryker pull me through the crowd.

Everyone had formed a circle around us when Ryker threw the punch. Now, we were fighting to get back through the throng of onlookers. With the murderous look on Ryker's face, the group of people split open. Everyone got out of our way until we reached the door. Ryker pushed through it and held it open as I stepped outside with him. It was dark and chilly now, so when Ryker dropped my elbow, I tightened my cardigan around myself.

I was enveloped in a strong embrace, with my broken arm squished between me and the warm body. My other arm hung limply by my side. I hadn't realized I was crying again until soft fingers gently rubbed underneath my eyes. One large hand held the back of my head, pressing my face into his chest while the other hand chased my tears.

Lips grazed the top of my head as Ryker whispered, "The Angel I know wouldn't be crying right now. She'd be cursing at me for being so close."

I snorted and sniffed at the same time.

"Attractive," Ryker said.

I shoved against him until he dropped his arms. He wasn't wearing his usual leather jacket even though it was so cold outside. Then I remembered I had been wearing it when I got into that accident on the motorcycle.

I raised a bent finger and said, "Uh, about your jacket..."

Ryker smirked and leaned his side against the brick wall of the building. He crossed one of his legs over the other at the ankle. His mouth tipped up on one side as he said, "Don't worry about it."

I let the issue drop and leaned my back against the wall, crossing my arms as best I could with one in the stupid cast. I shivered.

"Do you want me to take you home or do you want to stay here?" Ryker asked.

I shook my head, "I can drive myself home. Your performance starts soon anyway."

Ryker's finger lifted my chin to face him. I hadn't realized how close we still were.

"It can wait."

I stared into his blue eyes, trying to read him. He was being strangely nice to me. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I knew it. You want something from me. You keep doing these 'random acts of kindness' and here it comes. The time when you tell me you've been remotely kind, and I use the term very loosely, is because you want me to do something. I just don't know what you could possibly want since you could just easily demand me to do something and I'd have-"

My babbling came to an abrupt stop when Ryker silenced me.

By pressing his lips against mine. His eyes burned through mine. He was waiting to see my reaction. Oh, I'd give him a reaction.

Ryker always played with my emotions, kissing me one second and forcing me to do something incessant for him the next. More often than not, he hated me. I don't know what he felt towards me when he didn't exactly hate me. It surely wasn't anything close to "liking" me.

The fact that he was kissing me again made me angry. I knew he was purposely taking advantage of me since I was acting fragile right now after seeing Finn with another girl. He thought I was easy. And I hated him for it. I don't care that he was just acting nice to me; he only did it to make me think he actually cared for me. It was time to start playing his game.

So, I was going to give him a taste of his own medicine.

Ryker's eyes widened as I opened my mouth against his to let my tongue slide through. I ran my tongue over his lip piercing and bit down on his lip. Ryker groaned, finally closing his eyes. He shoved me up against the brick wall and I arched my back, running my hands down his backside and skimming my hands over the waistband of his jeans. His hands scorched my hips where he had lifted my tank top to lay his hands right against my skin.