Part 31: Roommates?

Ryker tossed my hand back at me and brusquely pushed past me with his eyebrows drawn taught. My blood boiled. I didn't love him. He was wrong.

I spun around to chase after him.

And smacked right into a solid wall. I stumbled backwards as my legs banged against the couch. I collapsed against the couch to see Ryker's eyes on fire, staring down at me.

"Don't follow me," he growled.

I narrowed my eyebrows and stood up so that I was no more than an inch away from him. I stood up on my tippy toes so I was even with his face.

"I hate you. You're so cocky to think I've fallen for you. All you do is treat me like trash-"

He lifted a tattooed arm and held up a fist right in front of my face. Then he lifted a finger and said, "Remember when I switched our names on the English quizzes?"

He held up another finger, "Or how about when I fixed your car?"

Another finger went up, "Or that time when I dove in the pool to save you?"

He ticked off another finger, "I've also tried to warn you about Finn, but you're so thickheaded that you wouldn't listen."

I glared at him when his last finger went up and he said, "I was the first one at the hospital when you got in the accident. I stayed there the longest so you wouldn't be alone."

He put his fingers down and restarted, lifting the first finger again, "What about that signed copy of your favorite movie? Want me to go on?" He asked quirking an eyebrow.

I propped the arm in a cast on my hip and lifted my other hand in a fist like he had just done.

I raised my finger and said, "You must have forgotten when you stole my clothes then took  a picture of me naked, threatening to post it."

Another finger went up as his eyes darkened, "Or that video you were going to post of me dancing unless I didn't do everything that you made me do."

My middle finger went up next and I said, "And what about all those times you threw yourself on to me and kissed me?"

He growled, "Like this?"

Then he crushed his lips to mine. He took my gasp of surprise as an opening to deepen the kiss. His eyes were shut and his long eyelashes fanned his cheeks. He really was hot.

My initial reaction was to shove him away from me. I placed my hands against his chest and pushed. He didn't budge.

I dropped my gaze to the tattoo of the feather on his neck. Before I knew what I was doing, I had raised my hand to cover the tattoo. He groaned and wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me down to the couch behind us.

"I'm not coming back," he whispered against my mouth as I landed in his lap, straddling him.

I leaped out of his lap, ripping my hand from the tattoo.

"What?"

"I'm not coming back," he repeated firmly.

"Yeah, I know you're going on tour for a while and I can not tell you how happy-"

"Angel, I'm moving back to my other house. Two-Strings is breaking up. There is no tour."

It took me a moment to process what he had just said. I held up my hand and said, "So, you're moving away again?"

He nodded from his spot on the opposite side of the couch.

My face lit up like the Fourth of July. I beamed in the dim light. Ryker narrowed his eyes on me as I bounced up and down on the couch.