Part 42: Ryker's Song

All eyes turned around to follow Ryker's gaze. I froze under the harsh glare of his fan girls as I felt my face flush and my jaw drop.

"She wasn't supposed to be here," Ryker stated, narrowing his eyes on me from all the way across the club.

I jumped out of my chair and pointed at my chest. "Me?" I asked, incredulously. "Piss off, assho-"

"Get up here, Angel."

I gawked at him. The crowd gave me murderous glares as I made my way to the stage. Xander gave me two huge thumbs up and I rolled my eyes.

I strode right up to Ryker who was sitting on a wooden stool on stage. He looked up at me and our eyes clashed as I put my hands on my hips.

"What?" I demanded. Ryker's fans held their breaths.

"Sit down," he said, patting his lap. The girls gasped and I heard someone whistle; stupid Xander.

My eyes bulged and I said, "No way."

In the blink of an eye, Ryker snatched his arms out and dropped me in his lap. I immediately started squirming until I felt the cold bite of his lip piercing resting against my ear.

"Relax, Angel," he whispered, involuntarily giving me goosebumps. I felt his sturdy chest against my back as he reached his arms around me to take the microphone off its stand.

He twisted me around so I was facing him and raised the microphone to his mouth, never once taking his eyes off of me.

And then he began to sing a song so unlike all of the other songs he's sung before.

"I don't wanna tell you that I long to see your face
I'm scared it might scare you away
And I don't wanna tell you that sometimes I think of you and smile
'Cause time with you is time enough for now

I don't know how long before it breaks me down inside
And all my strength has gone away, and it's too late before I say

I've fallen for you
I've fallen for you

Losing you is something that I'd never choose so I'll just have to wait
But it kills me everyday

I've fallen for you"

Everyone was silent. Without giving me the chance to say or even do anything, Ryker pressed his lips against mine. I didn't think it was possible for my eyes to grow any wider, but they did.

The crowd cheered in an uproar and I squeezed my eyes shut as I kissed him back. He smiled against my mouth, and it wasn't the usual smirk he always showed me. "Angel," he murmured with his hand cupping my head. I laid my hand on the feather tattooed on his neck as I kissed him.

"Ugh! Don't worry, Hannah. You're so much better than her," Fake Pumpkin said to her bitchy friend who was without a doubt crying over this whole scenario. Score one for me.

We broke away and just stared at each other. The crowd seemed to fade so far away into the background that it was like Ryker and I were in our own world.

"Let's get out of here," Ryker grinned, as he stood up and pulled on my wrist. I giggled as we jumped off the stage and ran to the exit with protests from the crowd. Xander winked at me as I dashed passed him and my face turned bright red.