Part 43: Xander's True Love

When I say I didn't get any sleep at all last night, I mean I didn't get any sleep at all. My mind had kept wandering to Ryker and how he had kissed me and told me he loved me. My heart was beating fast in my chest, yet I had a huge smile on my face. I hadn't felt this way with Finn or Sebastian.

Sebastian.

Ugh, I'd have to cancel our date for this weekend. I'll tell him in school today.

I got dressed, wearing clothes I usually wore to school. A band t-shirt with a pair of ripped skinny jeans and converse completed my wardrobe so I really didn't have much to choose from anyway.

I packed my backpack of homework that I didn't do and went outside to leave for school. When I opened the front door, I froze in my tracks. Ryker's sports car was parked in my driveway and he was casually leaning against it with a smirk. He flicked his lip piercing and said, "Morning."

"...Good morning," I said as I slowly walked over to him. "What are you doing here?" I asked once I was standing in front of him. He placed his hands on my hips and pulled me closer to him so our bodies were flushed against each other. He leaned his forehead on mine and smiled.

"I'm your boyfriend so technically I'm also your chauffeur," he said. I rolled my eyes. He pressed a light kiss on my forehead and turned around to open the door for me. I got inside and he drove me to school.

This was a completely new side of Ryker that I've only seen a few times. I found myself loving him more and more. When we arrived at school, he flashed me a smile as he folded our hands together.

"Uh, people are gonna see..." I muttered, not looking forward to the attention of being seen with Ryker like this. Especially not from Hannah or Tracey.

"So? Let them," Ryker responded, pulling me over to the school doors where Finn, Rick, and Sebastian were standing with Hannah, and Tracey.

Well, this was just perfect. Sebastian gave me a surprised look as he glanced at my hand in Ryker's and Hannah openly glared at me. Clicking her tongue, she tossed her hair over her shoulder and dragged Tracey into school with her, mumbling something about me that I'd rather not repeat.

Finn gave me a sad smile and Rick wiggled his eyebrows. Sebastian separated himself from the group to confront me. My hands started sweating and I was pretty sure Ryker was losing his grip on my hand.

"Eve?" Sebastian asked, hesitantly.

I awkwardly put my hand around my neck and looked at the ground. "Sebastian, I-"

"She's mine," Ryker said, possessively and I felt my heart stop at hearing him say that. Sebastian's eyebrows dropped in resignation and he nodded, stepping back into the group.

"I'm sorry, Sebas-"

"It's alright. Everyone tried to warn me, but I ignored them. Take care of her, Ryker," he cut me off. So from what Sebastian was saying, everyone has known for a while now how Ryker and I felt about each other even when we hadn't been ready to admit it. I blushed when Ryker saluted him and said, "Of course."

Then we went inside and he walked me to my locker. When I grabbed the books that I needed, Ryker wordlessly took them from me and asked, "Did you study?"

I groaned, hitting my forehead with the palm of my hand. "No. Is there a quiz or something?"

Ryker chuckled, nodding. "Yeah, Mr. Duncan has had it written on the board for a week now."

"Come on, you know I never pay attention in that class. English is just so boring. Are we still reading Frankenstein?" I asked and he nodded again.