He is just really good at kicking my ass

KODY'S POV

          After we were briefed on the mission, Nikki and I went to find Mr. Tomlinson in his room. He and Mr. Malik were sparring with each other. The two of us just stood outside the window and stared at them. 

            Mr. Tomlinson was far better than Mr. Malik. It was funny to watch him get beaten. Mr. Malik blocked most of his moves, but there were plenty of good blows that Mr. Tomlinson got in, slowly weakening his opponent. The final takedown was the best part though. Mr. Tomlinson had to be extremely strong, because he did a double backflip, got into a stance that threatened a powerful kick, and struck Mr. Malik dead in the chest, sending him stumbling quickly backwards, trying to gain his balance back. His breath must have been kicked out of him too, because he hit the wall, and slid down, breathing heavy.

            That is when Nikki and I decided to walk into the room. Mr. Tomlinson was grinning stupidly. “You should really stick to guns.” Nikki says walking over to him and helping him to his feet. Immediately he falls back to the ground in a daze.

            He stares at her. More or less since his eyes seem to be having trouble focusing. “I am a great fighter, he is just really good at kicking my ass.” Me and her both giggle at that.

            “Mr. Tomlinson, I think it is our turn to kick your ass.” Nikki gives me a look and I smile. I pull my shoes off and throw them to the other end of the room. Mr. Tomlinson just smiles.        

            “Two against one? This is really unfair girls.” He says, surveying us. I grab for the wrist and Nikki sweeps for the ankles. In an instant Mr. Tomlinson is pinned by both of us. “This is not proper sparring.”

            I get closer to his face, and lean down to his ear. “Proper sparring won’t apply in the field, Louis.” He swallows and I stand up, letting him go.

            “Well, for now, we should spar correctly. First, I will spar with Nikki, then with you Kody. We can go back and forth, and each of you can pick up new moves from that.” I smile and lean against the glass where Mr. Malik was holding his head in his hands.

            “Are you okay?” I say, extending a hand for him.

            “Yeah,” He accepts and I pull him up. “Louis has never kicked me that hard. It must be his nerves. He hasn’t been on a mission in four years.” Suddenly we both hear a loud, oomph. I turn to see Mr. Tomlinson breathing heavy, with Nikki pinned beneath his foot.

            “That was quick.” I say walking over to the mat. He removes his foot from her chest and she stands up quickly.

            “What the hell was that!?” She almost screams at him.

            He looks sorry, but kind of crazed. “Mr. Tomlinson, are you okay.” He takes a deep breath and nods.

            “I am sorry. I just need to let off some steam. I am not feeling very well right now.” I place a hand on his shoulder and feel him relax at the touch.

            “We have to train, because I don’t think Mr. Malik is in a good enough state to even think straight let alone teach right now.” He laughs.

            “Okay. I am good.” He takes another deep breath, and waves Nikki to the other side to spar again. She was clutching her ribs a few seconds ago. He must have kicked her hard too.

            She gets into stance and I walk over to Mr. Malik. “I can teach.” He says defensively. I look at him skeptically.

            “Sure you can.” I ramble off a very hard math problem and he just looks at me as though I was insane.