Kissing in a Tree

Nikki's POV

          Mr. Tomlinson and Kody had gone into the hallway and the second the door closed Vikki and I sprinted over to it, aware that there were a few others there with us.

“You guys should get-” Justyn started but was cut off by most of us shushing him. He gave up and went to help the kids who weren’t by the door.

          Their voices were muffled and we could hardly distinguish the words. Suddenly the door is pushed open with a lot of force, my head hit the door hard and then I fell back onto the pile of kids on the floor. Kody smirks when she sees us.

          “Well, that is what you deserve. I thought you would have learned by now that eavesdropping is wrong.” Kody says, then saunters over to her brother. I could feel a bruise forming on my forehead.

……………

After lunch I walked with Kody and Vikki into Mr. Malik’s class, dreading it more and more with every step. I told myself that I won’t speak to him unless he speaks to me and I swore that I won’t kiss him, no matter how tempting it might be. So, with this in mind I walked into the classroom and sat down with Vikki and Kody. Mr. Malik walked into the room a few minutes later.

“We are having a test today. I expect you all to pass this, it’s more of a review since I haven’t been here. I want to know who paid attention for Agent Winters while she was filling in for me. Kody and Nikki, you girls obviously don’t have to take this test so I want you girls to get more practice in the field house. Agent Winters is waiting for you there.” I stop breathing when Mr. Malik says that. I compose myself quickly though.

I nod and get up, walking out the door with Kody. We get to the stairs and Kody stops me.

“I can say you weren’t feeling well and you can go to the room.” She offers. I shake my head no.

“No, it’s fine. I need the practice anyways.” She looks like she is going to protest, but I speak before she can.

“Kody, its fine.” She nods and we continue down the stairs and out the doors. We make our way to the field house and I see Agent Winters shooting a target. We walk in and she sees us. She smiled and walked over to where we were standing.

“Hello girls. I take it you are Dakoda Connors and Nicole Shayburg?” she asks us nicely.

“Nikki” I correct her annoyed.

“Kody” Kody says sending me a look that seemed to say “I know she is a bitch, but be nice” I roll my eyes.

“Oh, so I here you girls are the best students at this school?” she says to us nicely. Why can’t she be an evil bitch? I mean she seems so nice and friendly, that I can’t hate her no matter how much I want to. Gah, this is frustrating.

“My mom is Hailey Connors, so yeah, I’ve had a lot of training.” Kody explains. Agent Too Nice smiles. Again. Seriously why is she smiling so much? There wasn’t a point.

“I’ve never met your mum but I have heard of her. She seems bad ass. How about you, Nikki? How are you this good. The name Shayburg doesn’t seem familiar.” Too Nice asks me.

“No one in my family was a spy, at least that I know of. I am just really athletic.” I tell her.

“Really? What sports did you do?” She asks me. I smirked.

“I was my schools Cheerleading Captain, Top of the class gymnast, surfer, and a figure skater. I also did Karate for 3 years, so I am pretty good in the Physical Training stuff.” I say smugly. Kody shakes her head at me as she had realized my intention. To make Too Nice squirm. She didn’t even react.