Swimming and Secret Messages

Nikki's POV

          “This is…” Kody says, trailing off. I smile, both girls look mesmerized, and I don’t blame them. This place has a natural calm feel to it. I started to take off my shoes and socks.

          “You wanna?” I ask Kody, who was looking as if she wanted to swim. She glances over at me.

          “Huh?” she says, confused. I grin.

          “Swim.” I reply to her.

          “I don’t have a suit.” She says sadly, and I laugh.

          “That’s the point.” I say with a smirk, beginning to take off my clothes, starting with my shirt and pants.  I stand there for a few seconds in my lingerie bra and panties. Vikki and Kody both stare at me wide eyed. I chuckle and reach behind me to unclasp my bra. I drop that into my pile of clothes and my panties follow.

          I walk to the side of the lake, getting ready to dive in. I turn back to them.

          “It’s fine. It’s not like any one can see you.” I say, spin around, and slice through the water. It felt amazing to have the water caress my body; it felt exhilarating.

          I went up for air just in time to see Vikki undressing. I wolf whistle causing Kody to laugh. Vikki jumped into the water and came up with a huge grin plastered on her face. I got the sensation that we were being watched, but I just shrugged it off.

          We swim for about two hours then got out to dry off. As soon as we were dressed, we started to head back to the Academy and our room. We finally got to our room without being caught by Paul or any of the other security guards. Achievement unlocked.

          We ended up having to sneak back out and into the nurse’s office to re-wrap Kody’s wrist. That took about an hour. When we got back to the room, Vikki was sitting on her bed staring at a piece of paper. Kody walks over to her, and so do I. We sit on her bed and read the note over her shoulder.

          Someone had left a message for Kody, asking her to meet in the one-on-one sparring rooms. We convinced her to go, and while we waited for her to come back, we talked about random things. She came back 20 minutes later. She looked sad, and had what looked like regret in her eyes. She wouldn’t talk about it, though. She just curled up in her bed and stared at the ceiling. I knew who she went to meet, or well, I had an idea of who it was. I didn’t mention this to her though, I just set my alarm clock and went to my bed.

          I lay down and thought back to today’s events. I had a fun time today at the lake, and I was able to think when I was running, but that doesn’t mean I wasn’t hurt. I knew nothing could have happened between us. I was pretty sure that was illegal, but I couldn’t help myself from thinking back to all the times in the past year and a half. He was there for me to talk to, literally, since day one; he was easy to have a conversation with. I thought about what his lips felt like on mine, soft and sweet, but still rough and urgent. His touch sent tingles all throughout my body, it was like a shock of electricity that ran through me.

          I couldn’t help but let a tear slide down my cheek when I realized that he was probably kissing Doe eyes, and I might never get to feel those lips on mine or his touch on me ever again. I was up for a while feeling angry, sad, and incredibly confused. But eventually, I fell asleep.

………

          I awoke to the terrible sound of my alarm clock. I groaned, wishing for nothing more than to stay in bed and sleep all day, but apparently my happiness means nothing to the world because I looked over to see that Kody was coming out of the bathroom with her hair in a towel and her body wrapped in one too. I give her a questioning look.