Guilt

Kody's POV

          I peel my eyes open and stare at the ceiling for a few minutes. “Good, you’re up.” I hear the deep voice come from across the room. I sit up abruptly, staring at my brother, sitting on Vikki’s bed. The other girls are probably in the shower, since I can hear the water running.

          “What the hell? For all you know I’m half naked under this blanket.” He laughs.

          “I hope not. The girls let me in by the way. You have class in about an hour. You better get up and have some breakfast.” I scowl at him

          “I want sleep. I haven’t gotten much since we went to DC. Can I skip a day of classes?”

          “No. The other girls are going, and you have to be there for my first day as well.”

          “You’re starting today?” I hop up out of bed and walk to my closet. There is almost nothing in there though, since I haven’t unpacked yet. “What are you teaching?”

          “I am going to be pairing up with Mr. Tomlinson, helping him out with his PT class.” My eyes widen.

          “Seriously?” He nods. “That sounds fun. You two will get along real great. Big egos and all.”

          “I do not-“ I cut him off.

          “Don’t even argue, because you know it’s true.” He snaps his mouth shut and pouts a little. I laugh and grab a yellow tank top and a pair of black shorts from my closet. I take out a pair of old flip flops to walk the halls with, but otherwise I am going to go barefoot.

          “I have to take a shower. I will see you later.” I say walking over to him and giving him a hug.

          “Okay. Love you, sis.”

          “Love you, too.” He stops at the door and turns back to me.

          “Hey. I forgot to mention that mom was putting your car on a boat. It should be over here in about a week. You want to go get it with me and grab lunch?” I smile.

          “Of course, that sounds awesome.” He smiles and leaves. The second Vikki opens the door to the bathroom I zoom past her for a shower.

          “Slow down, speed racer.” She says laughing as I shut the door.

          “I want to go to breakfast with you guys. Will you wait for me?” I call out, stripping down and hopping in the shower.

          “Yeah, no problem.” I hear Vikki say. I turn on the water and rush through my shower. As soon as I pull on my clothes and am out of the bathroom, the other girls are standing and heading for the door.

          I pull my hair into a messy bun and follow them.

          “Dude, I hear your brother is teaching the PT class with Mr. Tomlinson now.” Vikki says smiling. I grin.

          “Yup. I am really happy to have some family over here in the UK. It gives me a sense of comfort.”

          “He’s hot.” My eyes widen, and I can’t help but laugh.

          “Wow, Vikki. Got a crush on the new guy?” Nikki nudges her, smiling.

          “That is my brother.” I continue laughing, and Vikki blushes.