Guns shots and interrogations

Nikki's POV

I heard a gunshot and then the thud of a body behind me. I look back and see Mr. Malik lying in a rapidly growing puddle of blood. I punch the person I was fighting in his adams apple and he falls to the ground clutching his throat and trying to catch his breath. I run over to where Mr. Malik lay, half dead, a few feet away. I fall to the ground next to him and grab ahold of his hand.

"Don't die. No you can't die. Please no. Don't leave me." I mumble, crying hard. He squeezes my hand. His breathing is irregular and comes in small gasps. I scream out.

"Nononono!" Is all I can manage to get out. His breathing has stopped. I cry out again and rip his button up shirt away from his chest. I quickly move his tie and jacket out of the way too. I start compressions, desperately trying to save his life, but his heart doesn’t start again.

I feel a hand on my shoulder. I look back to see Kody with tears in her eyes, and she motions me to move, but I refuse. She takes something out of her jacket. It is a small metal disk, no larger than my palm. It has a few wires snaking through the top, but the bottom is smooth metal. She kneels down next to Mr. Malik and motions me to move my hands. I do so.

She puts the item to his chest and his body jolts with electricity. His eyes flutter and his chest rises. I smile through my tears.

"You’re alive." I gasp, burying my face in his chest after Kody removes the gadget. I pick my head up and look at his face. I move my hand through his hair and behind his neck, bringing my lips to his. I kissed his lips lightly feeling him smile a small smile.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to kiss you." He whispers, wincing in pain at the effort.

I smile lightly as tears fall down my face. He is alive. Kody gives me the shirt she was wearing over her corset and I tie it tightly above Mr. Malik's wound. He got shot in his arm just below his shoulder, and lost a lot of blood.

I felt a hand on my shoulder again. I look back to see Mr. Tomlinson looking down at me, his eyes glazed with tears, and his cheeks are extremely red. "A helicopter is almost here to take him to a hospital. I'm guessing you want to ride in the helicopter too?" he asks me. I nod, blushing.

I glance over at Kody. She has a confused expression and is holding her arm. When I look closer, I notice that it is swollen to almost twice its size. My eyes widen and I get up.

"What happened?" I ask her frowning. Mr. Tomlinson looks at her too.

"When I said I cut myself, I lied; I really think I broke my wrist. I just didn’t want to worry you." she says. Mr. Tomlinson glares at her, but worry and concern flickers in his eyes as well.

"Wow, I see how you can make that mistake." I say sarcastically, trying to lighten the mood after everything that just happened. She rolls her eyes. Mr. Tomlinson moves out of the way, and I go back to kneeling next to Mr. Malik.

"Are you okay?" he asks me. I chuckle.

"I'm not the one with a bullet in my shoulder." I say. He gives me an annoyed look, which is more pained than anything. I sigh.

"I'm fine. I'm just cut up and will definitely have bruises all over my body." I say wincing at the thought.

He grabs my hand and we sit in a comfortable silence. Agent Dan comes over to us.

"The choppers are here. We need to get him onto one." he says to me. Mr. Tomlinson comes over to us.

I get up and stand to the side while Agent Dan and Mr. Tomlinson help Mr. Malik up. Once he is standing, I walk over to him and grab his hand with Kody and Mr. Tomlinson walking next to us.