I

Amara Langston-Hughes
-
"Are you sure you will be able to handle this job?" My boss, Mrs. Concord asked as I sat in front of her beautiful Dark Oak wood desk.

"Yes ma'am. I've been training myself to be prepared for whatever task you throw at me, Mrs. Concord." I adjusted my pencil skirt.

"Alright then Amara... I'm trusting you to represent our corporation well. Please do not mess this up, though, I know you will not. Now, your client should be here shortly. Here is all the information you will need. Good luck... You are dismissed." She said shaking my hand.

I stood up and made my way to the clientele waiting room. In a matter of minutes, a rowdy group of men walked into the office. One of which being Odell Beckham, the client I was assigned manager to.

I had to admit, he was quite cute, but I couldn't let my hormones hey he best of me. I got up and approached him with a polite smile.

"My name is Amara, your new manager." I said reaching my hand out.

"This little thing is my new manager? This has got to be a joke right?" He said looking around.

"Excuse me, but I am quite capable of being your manager, and if you don't think so then you can leave." I said sassily.

"Damn! I got a feisty one! Well then... Miss Amara." He grabbed my hand and pulled it up to his plump, pink lips.

"I'm looking forward to working with a fine piece of eye candy like yourself." He continued.

My cheeks flushed red once he let my hand go.

•••

"And this is the men's locker room." The head coach of the New York Giants gave me a tour of the stadium I would soon have to become familiar with.

After the tour was over, Mr. Beckham along with other players arrived for practice. I watched as they stood on the sidelines and peeled off their shirts and put on their practice jerseys. I couldn't help but stare at their gleaming bodies in the sun.

Stay focused Mara...

I thought to myself.

"Would you mind if I sat in the bleachers and watched?" I asked Coach McAdoo.

"Of course! I usually wouldn't let anyone watch practice but I'll make an exception for you since you're Beckham's rookie." I smiled faintly and found a nice shady spot to sit down. Once I did so, I noticed that practically all the players were staring at me. I adjusted my dress and folded my hands on top of my laptop.

"Ayo! Lil' Mama in the bleachers!" One of the guys shouted up at me. The whole team erupted into laughter, but I didn't understand what was so funny. My cheeks burned in embarrassment.

Why are they laughing at me? Did I do something wrong? Why did that player call me out like that?

Tons of questions ran through my mind until eventually I felt a panic attack coming.

I never had them often, but when I did, they were extreme. I sat my bag down and ran into the bathroom behind me.

Odell Beckham Jr.
-
"What's up with her? I embarrassed her already? Awwee... Poor thing..." Myles joked in a baby voice.
I laughed along for a little while then heard a slight shriek.

"Y'all, something ain't right!" Ben shouted.

"Yeah man, I'll go check on her." I said before running up tha' bleachers and into the women's bathroom. No one was in there so I had nothing to worry about.

"Amara? You in hea'?" I asked. There was no response... Only the sound of violent tapping. I ran into the last stall where I heard the tapping from and found her sitting on the floor, shaking.

"You okay?!" I asked reaching out fa' ha'. She shrieked again, which made me think something was seriously wrong. I scooped her up and carried her to my car quickly. The whole team surrounded my car.

"She's having a seizure or sum'! I have to take ha' to the hospital!" I turned the ignition on before speeding out of the mega sized parking lot and onto the highway.

"Are you okay?" I asked again. Still nothing but shaking.

•••

I paced back and forth in the waiting room, half the team waiting behind me.

"Family of Amara Langston-Hughes?" The nurse asked.

"I'm her... Boyfriend." I said with hesitance. I probably shouldn't have lied like that, seeing as I was not her boyfriend whatsoever.

"Follow me." She said before leading me to Amara's room.

"She had a panic attack... Due to stress and pressure. She's just resting now but she should wake up soon." The nurse said softly.

As if on cue, her eyes fluttered open.

"Where am I?" She asked in a sweet innocent voice.

Gowad she's cute.

<>

First chapter thoughts?
Amara in the MM 😻👅💕

-Vote and Comment-